Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Small rant.

Well shipping as $16. This is currently day 5 on what was to be 2 day shipping. I spoke to the letter carrier about this today and inquired about the process when it came to this kind of thing. She told me the N. Houston facility is just a sorting facility and it would have been sorted and maybe gone out to the local post office for delivery tomorrow. (Hopefully) (This was at 7 pm when she delivered the mail tonight. 7 FREAKING PM!!!!!)

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    We had problems with shipping to the Houston area over the weekend and stopped using USPS for that reason and now use UPS or FedEX for that area.

Fear not, it will arrive and it will be worth the wait. Sorry to hear about the camping plans changing. Here's hoping for a outdoor time soon.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

If it were up to me I would go FEDEX all the way UPS and USPS are unreliable and a great disappointment. Sadly I do not have control on what companies use to ship their goods.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Couriers sure can fudge it up sometimes. A really hard pill to swallow, especially when it's an awesome piece of gear you're waiting on.

You'll get it soon though, and when you do, the pain of waiting will be quickly forgotten and replaced with giddy excitement over your new toy.

Have fun!
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner35 View Post
    If it were up to me I would go FEDEX all the way UPS and USPS are unreliable and a great disappointment. Sadly I do not have control on what companies use to ship their goods.
    Exactly the opposite here. FedEx screws up everything around here.

One thing to keep in mind for postal shipping.... a 'shipping notification ' means only that the label has been printed, not that it has actually been accepted at the post office. When you get notification from a vendor that your item shipped 20 minutes after you ordered.....your item hasn't actually shipped(usually) ... They just printed the label giving you a tracking number.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Called the local post office and am currently on hold as I type this but I had 1 postal employee tell me "maybe it fell off the conveyor belt" ummmm WHAT?!?!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Hope it doesn't end up looking like Osprey35's package.

Don't let life get in the way of living.

I hope so as well....I am already pissed at USPS as it is

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Here's a screenshot of my USPS tracking from date shipped to delivered. It originally showed an expected delivery date of 2/20. I ship FedEx a lot through my work. Their tracking is hands down a million times better. I don't think USPS ever updates theirs for delays. Keep in mind there have been multiple snow/ice storms and Colorado was predicted to get 10-16 inches. Also, I called USPS and could never get a live person to talk too. FedEx customer service has always been awesome for us. Over the last five years at work we've had maybe two packages go missing, but that were found within a day. We ship thousands of packages a year.

So the USES has lost my package....I waited 45 minutes a day spoke to Sherhonda in the USES customer service, got nowhere. I guess there goes 451 of my hard earned dollars down the tube.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast