Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Our location just north of Houston can support everyone - what do you think Mike?

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by lar-i View Post
    How many campers does anyone think that an event like this would attract?
    Then think about all of the wives, friends, kids, dogs etc that would be along for the ride.
    Where could we find a camp ground to support the potential number of people? Does it have to be public land? Anybody have 10 acres with trees? Anybody know anybody with 10 acres who would/might be interested in renting for 3 days? And how to pay for it? pass the hat or charge a fee? When I said Hangaree...I meant Hangareeeeee! An annual event of all annual events! Where ALL the groups, solos, hammock curious can come together for 2-3 days of hammock gear bliss.
    Is there potential for an event like this to take place?
    A man can dream!
    I have around 600 acres of old growth oak-hickory. All would be welcome, but I'm not close to anybody.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    HH Exped, Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    JRB The Nest
    Suspension
    mish mash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    I have access to over 500 acres of woodland in Eastern, NC, but it is not exactly centralized. There is a hunting lodge available, as well. Just not a good place to be during the fall hunting seasons. A black bear, pushing 500 pounds, was shot there a couple of years ago. The land belongs to a friend of mine, and he has made it available to me, whenever I want to go hanging.
    What would your buddy say about 10 to 30 people showing up? I don't want to be a poop but thats a lot of poop in the woods!
    Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.
    Winston Churchill

Hammock
    HH Exped, Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    JRB The Nest
    Suspension
    mish mash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I have around 600 acres of old growth oak-hickory. All would be welcome, but I'm not close to anybody.
    Your closer to me. It's our east side hangers that would have a heck of a ride to make........actually if not mistaking...your just about as long a ride for me to get to as our east side hangers! Biggest diff is is that I have to drive through 4 or 5 states to get to them....you I only have to drive across 2 mine and yorn!
    Winston Churchill

Hammock
    HH Exped, Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    JRB The Nest
    Suspension
    mish mash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    No I guess you are closer. Your just down the road from Fort Gibson / Muskogee. Got tons of family there. Gramps and Granny are buried there.
    But alas....as totally awesome as 600 acres of old grown hickory to hang from is making me drool ...I'm thinkin that ride for most is just to long.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by lar-i View Post
    No I guess you are closer. Your just down the road from Fort Gibson / Muskogee. Got tons of family there. Gramps and Granny are buried there.
    But alas....as totally awesome as 600 acres of old grown hickory to hang from is making me drool ...I'm thinkin that ride for most is just to long.
    nice short distance for me

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    maybe when cannibal gets his posts in the ground we could arrange one at his place.yeah it wold be a longer drive for the east coasters, but the east coast is a long drive for us west coasters. we are a group that seems to be growing all the time, and this would be an event for all in a centralized location. I would say somewhere in the plains states would have to be found, JMO
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'd be happy to host, but not much of a wilderness setting at my place. Kind of hard to get that wilderness feel in the middle of Denver. But, I do have some stickers on the property to make barefooted people hop around if that's any consolation.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO double/HH mod.(4now)
    Tarp
    HH standard(4now)
    Insulation
    SB&pad (4now)
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    OK. and 600 acres - sounds like an awesome place for a National Hangers Festival!!!! i think thats an AWESOME idea! All things hammock: Gear Tables, seminars, tips and tricks, all national trail systems come and represent, Bon-Fires, and a somewhat reconized live music venue! That sure would bring me out!!!!! I would not mind a more lengthy road trip.... for an EVENT something as large or entertaining as that! -for sure..... LETS DO IT!

You would deff. need to form a comittee to pull something like this off for sure.... and in doing that and all the work that would have to go into it, you would almost have to charge in advance for. But hey events like bonaroo have been doing it for years, and they always get good turn outs and come from everywhere! If you offer enough high quality entertainment and venues.... people dont mind to pay or travel the distance!

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles
    I am a professional special events producer (our festival last weekend brought in over 200,000 people into our town of 25,000) and would be happy to answer questions, lend advice or a hand if needed. Love the idea. Central location to core of hangers and vendors would be key.....

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast