Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Nice report. I learned a couple things. I did not know that Florida had scorpions. I guess that's another plus for hammocks in Florida. I'd like to know more about that cardboard and tinfoil oven though! That looks cool.
    I can't wait to get away from all this snow just for a week. Ahhh yes a week of paddling with the gators and swinging from the trees. March 14th can't come soon enough.
    Hope you enjoy yourself down here when you get here!

Box ovens are easy. Just line the box with tin foil. You can take metal skewers to make racks on. Place your coals at bottom and bake away! My wifes/daughter GS troop used them all the time. They would take tuna fish cans and put the coals in them so it was easy to get rid of the ashes when they were done. Their favorite was to make pizzas in them using cresent roll dough for the crust. They also cooked chicken in them. Made a bunch for them and boy scout troop. They actually work great. Just remember each briquette is about 50 degrees.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> Looks like a great hang for you guys! Being buried under 8 1/2 feet of snow for weeks now, I really enjoyed seeing pics from Florida! Olddog is a boot! I got to hang with him up in Maine this past summer, and hope to again sometime. The food pics look like one of our NEHHA hangs - more than one could imagine! I think that is true if most larger hangs, especially if it is a car camping event.

Hope to make it to one of the Florida hangs! Might head down there for some serious fishing soon.

Thanks for the great reports!

Buried in Boston,

SkyPainter

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Hello SkyPainter. Would love to host you on one of our hangs down here in Florida. No doubt that you would fit right in. I hate saying it with the conditions y'all have been dealing with but our season is almost over. One coming up in a couple of weeks and it's probably going to be hot. Outside doing some yard work today and worked up a sweat in shorts and T. Not trying to rub it in but that's also the reason I head for Maine for summers. Summers suck in Florida!
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Hello SkyPainter. Would love to host you on one of our hangs down here in Florida... Not trying to rub it in but that's also the reason I head for Maine for summers. Summers suck in Florida!
    Come on down, SkyPainter and don't listen to Olddog

Summers are great in the woods (not the city, it's hot). We have the "No Underquilt Hang" in mid July and "Summers Last Gasp Hang" last weekend of September. Both are wonderful hangs in Ocala National Forest at a spring fed pond called Hidden Pond on the Florida Trail. Summer is great.

We are also looking to have a boat hang on one of the Springs here. Looking to kayak/canoe into camp where there are no trails. This is still pending.

Upon farther thought, I guess you have to like 95% humidity with the same temps to live here. Pools, streams, rivers, lakes and the ocean become your best friend.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Juan, I've been on lots of kayak/canoe trips with Palm Beach Pack and Paddle and taken my hammock (but not the doggies-gator bait!). Now that the old dog has passed I want to join them again. You have to be a member ($25/yr individual) or a guest of and with a member, and need to sign a liability waiver. There is some connection (I think) with the ACA (Am Canoe Assoc) for some insurance.

Email me at sandykayak at yahoo and I can forward their latest newsletter

http://www.clubkayak.com/pandp/

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Remember how we were talking about camp chair covers. My piece of quilted cotton didn't wuite cut it but I've come up with a (temporary?) solution:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ng-chair-cover

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345