Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sleep Apnea

Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Update
    I ordered the Q-Infinity battery that scoffman posted about above. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It worked! Yippee. I charged it up to 100% and used it last night. No humidifier, pressure setting of 14-16. PR System One 60 series A-Flex cpap. I slept for 8.5 hours, and have 56% power left. I think this will work for two nights, since I don't sleep quite that long while camping. I will use it again tonight and see if there is any juice left. The size and weight are doable in my kayak, and hooking it up was simple. It cost $220 vs $280 for the BPS battery. Now I need to rig up a mesh bag to my hammock ridge line for it.
    I'm happy that one worked out for you. I know I had a heck of a time trying to find a battery pack that was over 10 watt hours for a decent price. I was even looking into buying the raw materials and building my own unit until I found that one. That little battery pack is a life saver for me. The price is not to shabby either. 52 watt hours, weighs 3 lbs and has the ability to select different voltage outputs. The only thing I don't like is the panel lights up and stays on anytime you plug into it. I think it's a bit of a waste of energy that I could be using to breath.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by scoffman View Post
    I'm happy that one worked out for you. I know I had a heck of a time trying to find a battery pack that was over 10 watt hours for a decent price. I was even looking into buying the raw materials and building my own unit until I found that one. That little battery pack is a life saver for me. The price is not to shabby either. 52 watt hours, weighs 3 lbs and has the ability to select different voltage outputs. The only thing I don't like is the panel lights up and stays on anytime you plug into it. I think it's a bit of a waste of energy that I could be using to breath.
    Thanks so much for posting about this battery. I was bummed when the PowerAdd Pilot battery didn't work. I've used the Qi-Infinity at home and on a weekend paddle/camping trip last weekend. Works like a charm. I can almost, but not quite get a third night out of it. Now I'm experimenting with a solar charger. I might be paddle/camping over Memorial Day weekend, but right now it looks like a washout with rain forecasted all weekend. I did try it out for a few hours on my patio a few days ago, and it boosted my battery from 20% to 35% in a few hours. A full day of full sun should buy me at least one extra night of power. I'll report back after I give it a decent try out.
    http://www.amazon.com/ALLPOWERSTM-Fo...+solar+charger
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    I dropped the $$$ to get a Transcend EZEX today. With the multi-day battery pack (at 13 Im supposed to get on ly 13-14 hours out of it so I consider it a 2 night solution) I will do a full report on it with pics as soon as I get it for those interested. I ordered from CPAP-supply.com but there are many sites that will sell you one and most of them are "consistent" with price +or- 20 bucks some with free shipping and some with shipping costs... I have ordered from them before and they have my prescription on file so its easier for me. YMMV. I am also looking into the "solar" charger for that battery in hopes I can increase the charge while on the trail.. even if I dont fully charge it, perhaps I can get another hour or three from a day's hike... any is better than none for me.

I might get another battery but they are heavy at a pound each and I dont go out more than 3-5 days so Im hoping I can stretch that single battery with the solar charger.

Next thing I gotta do is build a ridgeline sling for it and the battery. Hope it works out.

Cheers,
    SG
    Last edited by shipsgunner; 05-17-2015 at 19:18.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I'm trying this....http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...roducts_id/476
    I had Jared make it all mesh. I'm still working out the kinks with it. Balancing the cpap machine & a 3 pound battery is kind of tricky.

A quick test of my solar charger on a semi-sunny afternoon for about 3 hours charged my battery up by 15%. I can almost get a third night from my battery right now, so a decent charge up with the solar panel should buy me the third night for sure.

On rafting trips last summer, I carried my cpap machine in a Pelican case. The case is a little bulky for my kayak, so last weekend I packed it inside my dry bag. I protected it with a padded lunchbox/cooler box from REI. I found a padded Outdoor Research water bottle parka that's a perfect fit for my battery.

http://www.rei.com/product/870748/re...oler#tab-specs

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Resear...ch+bottle+cozy
    Last edited by cataraftgirl; 05-18-2015 at 06:47.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."

Hammock
    Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps
    My dad had it, and also snored like Godzilla! Took only one night at our duck club once I got out of the Service, then I got a trailer..... We told him it was so our Golden could sleep in a warm, dry environment after working all day in freezing temperatures retrieving ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by shipsgunner View Post
    I dropped the $$$ to get a Transcend EZEX today. With the multi-day battery pack (at 13 Im supposed to get on ly 13-14 hours out of it so I consider it a 2 night solution) ...
    SG
    Good luck with the P8 battery like I mentioned I have a setting of 12 and consistently can only get 10 hours use out of that battery. I guess if I was sleeping like I would with out the cpap, a five hour night would be normal for me to get multiple days usage out of the thing.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Update - I've done 3 weekend camping trips with the Qi-Infinity battery, and it has worked like a champ. I have also used the All Power 28W solar panel a little bit, and it seems to recharge at about 4-5% per hour in good sunlight. Clouds & rain are, as expected, the challenge. I have an upcoming 8 day river trip and I will substitute the Qi-Infinity battery for one of my 12V batteries and see just how much charging I can get from the solar panel. On stretches of the river where there aren't rapids, I can hopefully just set up the panel and battery on top of my cooler & dry box to charge. I can stow it quickly back inside the dry box when the ride gets rougher. I'll report back after the trip.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Well I'm back from my raft trip and have good things to report about the Qi-Infinity battery and the All Powers solar charger. I was able to recharge for an extra night on the Li Ion battery. I chickened out on trying to solar charge while floating. There were enough splashy rapids every day to make me nervous. So far, the Li Ion battery has been totally worth it in terms of weight, size, and power.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789