So I got all of my bling in from Dutch last week (wow they are fast!) and now have my DIY hammocks set up with gathered ends with amsteel Continuous loops larks headed on to them. I made up a few sets of slings and am at a stall....

So I used two different colors for my slings and continuous loops so that mine and my wife's hammocks would have a head and foot end. I did it this way because I am using double hooks on the head ends and regular hooks at the foot.

For my slings I opted to thread the hooks onto the adjustable end to keep the loop from pulling through the bury without using a bead. Works great hooking up to atlas straps with biner connections from strap to adjustable loop to hook to continuous loop to hammock.

I also purchased some strap webbing and will be making up a set of straps or huggers this weekend.

What is everyone's opinion on connecting the straps to the slings. I did not use the fixed end at this connection because I camp around a ton of pines and wanted to be able to separate the straps from the slings anyway....ie no larks head knot here.

Should I just make up some straps and try the marlin spike hitch/dutch buckle connection or just make a couple of tree huggers with loops at both ends and biner together...

wanted to see what the verdict was between the two options and see what else I may be missing....

Thanks for your time!