Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

motorcycle camping

Hello from Wisconsin.

Been reading hammock forums all winter. I finally bought a WBBB. Seems like everyone ended up with one eventually, so I thought I would just start there. Also got the edge tarp.

Usually I go on at least two, week or longer trips on the bike a year. Seemed like a good idea to get off the ground. This years plans so far are North Caralina area in the spring and Montana area (sun road) in the fall.

Went down and bought some ripstop and 3/4"battens to make an underquilt. Should maybe rethink and go with down instead of battens. Though I dont really want to haul an underquilt around with a sleeping bag. I may just try it out this spring and see how cold I get. I'm thinking if I wear some of my riding gear while I sleep it might work without it.

anyway happy camping everyone.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Hi, and Welcome to the best forum on the net.
    I also ride (Ultra HD),and hang (WBBB, TQ, UQ, UQP, BBO).
    Biosci on ADVRider.

Could get together for a Meet n Greet.

Regards

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Welcome! I've got my first motorcycle trip with the hammock coming up at the end of the month...its ALL I've been thinking about!

Hammock
    DIY dl bridge
    Tarp
    Diy silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink straps
    Another happy rider here. Kingpin and WBBB.

Hammock
    bias WW, WWM
    Tarp
    the MAMA
    Insulation
    Rev X TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    long time hanger but new(ish) rider. Hope to take a week+ trip on my dr650 on dirt roads only, in new mexico or possibly colorado when the weather allows me to do so. snowing right now. Can't wait!

Hammock
    WBRR / DD superlight
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev20°/Lynx 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hi there,

welcome

I'm Nickhob on ADVrider

I'm riding down to the North of Spain on the 21 march for 1 weeks riding/camping.

taking my new WB RR but also a tent as not sure about tree's in Spanish campsites

enjoy

Nick
    All the gear and no idea.....

Hammock
    WBBB xlc multicam
    Tarp
    MWG Storm Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0+1
    Suspension
    Straps, buckles
    I ride too. Intruder 1500 but working on my xr600 to get it dual sported. I would like to sale the intruder and get a klr or dr. Anyway, been using Walmart hammock and tarp for a couple seasons. But I recently got my hands on bcusa 10 x 10 in multicam. Sure beats the Walmart tarp. And a I am waiting on a second hand WBBB xl can in multicam to get here. Can not wait for that.
    I am briarjumper12 advrider. I don't do much posting anywhere, spend my time reading and learning. I hoping to have me a dual sport set up by May or June and ride the Kentucky adventure tour. You can info on it on advrider. I am going to use it as a testing ground for the eventual trip on the Trans American trail.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Welcome to the club, it's my #2 favorite way to camp behind kayaking and just ahead of backpacking. It's the car-camping that I avoid if I can.

I'm in East Tn where we have a mecca of on-road or off-road camping situations that are almost tailor made for motorcycle adventures. Just be ready for some fun comments from random people and generally some of the nicest people you will meet are in the TN/NC area.

IMG_5202.JPG

wow lot of riders

Wow lots of riders on here. Thanks for the welcome.

I'm usually out and about a lot in the summer tumbleweed might see you on the road this summer.

Know exactly how you feel chum. I have been working on my bikes throughout the winter just waiting for the snow to leave. Where are you going for your trip?

Frenchycamp Dr 650 would be fun as hell down there. I looked really hard at those bikes but ended up with the klr (seats a little wider for me lol). That Dr would eat that dirt up way better than mine. Sounds fun.

Sounds like a great trip nickhob love seeing photos from that side of the pond.

Briarjumper12 klr and Dr's are pretty cheap if you wait for the right deal. Or just ride the xr And keep the intruder. After getting the klr I just keep my bagger for when the wife wants to go. If that's what the intruder is for, might be best to keep it. I'm about the same, just a lurker on the forums. Keep my mouth shut and try to learn something lol. Tat would be a great ride hope you get on it sooner than later.

Still haven't tried the kayaking scene looks like a blast. Did some looking at the Hobbie marage (spelling).
    Just not sure if I would do it that much. I agree with your area. been down there three times now and have a blast every time. Good people and great country. the smokey mountains is the best place I have rode to so far.

my user name on advrider is hakes. Don t post to much just read and dream. Well I'm off to advrider to lurk at all of you to get some more ideas haha.

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Noahs 16
    Ural and VStrom rider here...
    MikeBike4 on ADV
    I'm either in the woods or trying to get there asap.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast