Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcpcs View Post
    Did anyone answer the food question? I'll see if I can get a smoked brisket to bring along, we can heat it up?
    If you bring a brisket, I'll bring an extra oven to warm it. If possible, wrap it in foil first then either butcher paper or giant ziplock, to keep the juices in so that when it's time to warm, we'll just peel off the plastic and or paper and put it in the DO still wrapped in foil. Just like mom's oven at home and easy clean up too.

Looking forward to seeing you buddy!
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DH Sparrow 1.2
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin
    Suspension
    Venum strap Becket
    I'm happy to take on whatever responsibilities I can to keep the trip on the positive.

That being said I go back to the doc a few days before the trip for what I'm hopeful will be the final post surgery appointment. I'll know after that if I'm past activity and lifting restrictions, and weather or not I'll make the hike I so badly want to go on or if I'll have to gimp to the lake in or as a supply vehicle.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    You'll be welcome whichever course you take.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 65 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    chinook 9x12
    Insulation
    DIY down + synth
    Suspension
    cinchbuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Tom (humer91) has the highest level of qualification, he's the guy who makes all the decisions, and he'll decide what to do with this information.

I would ask that you guys meet up with Tom and I sometime Friday just so we can see what you look like in case we need to say "Hey, You!" to the right guy if assistance is needed.

You might be asked to carry a couple of extra items in your day pack that may be useful in the event of a heat casualty.
    Looking forward to meeting y'all. Hopefully everyone stays hydrated and has no need for any medical anything.

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL StrapCarabiner
    Images
    OK, I will bring a properly wrapped pretty cooked smoked brisket. For some reason I'm not getting the thread updates, I will check my thread subscriptions.

BTW, I had some combat first aid a while back, but no paper to prove it.😉 I can tote some extra gear on my camelback for the weight loss march.😓

And, I will be in Austin TX for work, and will be free Wednesday evening! I'm not driving back to Midland, so I will go to the first rendezvous point for the night.

I can be available to run errands, stage water, etc., the next day.

This will be a great hang, looking forward to it!

Take it easy,
    gmcpcs
    Semper Veritas.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I will be bringing along at least one canine pack mule, maybe a second depending on how the new puppy does over the next few weeks.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcpcs View Post
    OK, I will bring a properly wrapped pretty cooked smoked brisket. For some reason I'm not getting the thread updates, I will check my thread subscriptions.

BTW, I had some combat first aid a while back, but no paper to prove it.�� I can tote some extra gear on my camelback for the weight loss march.��

And, I will be in Austin TX for work, and will be free Wednesday evening! I'm not driving back to Midland, so I will go to the first rendezvous point for the night.

I can be available to run errands, stage water, etc., the next day.

This will be a great hang, looking forward to it!

Take it easy,
    gmcpcs
    If you're coming in Wednesday night, then set up at Parking Lot #8 and move over to Niederhoffer on Thursday morning. When it gets closer, PM me and I'll send you the gate combination---we can't legally access the lake until 2400:01 Thursday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    I will be bringing along at least one canine pack mule, maybe a second depending on how the new puppy does over the next few weeks.
    Lil Bit might be staying home to keep the Little Colonel company while I'm baking my butt.

We have one fewer critical task for Thursday as a friend of Snaggleroot's got a hold of me who is familiar with the terrain will be bringing some fire wood. He says firewood at the lake is getting scarce.

Having said that, if folks bring in a rick of wood of their own to donate to the common stash, that would be a good thing as we'll be burning campfires on three nights. If we have to leave some behind, consider it being a blessing to the next bunch of folks who use the lake.

He did say that the road to the lake is in good condition with a few ruts that he's going to try to fix before we get there---so the Huey Trailer might be doable.

As with last year, we need a volunteer(s) to truck out Friday's trash from PL #8 and Saturday's trash from Niederhoffer.

Is somebody bringing "facilities"?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We can throw the trash in the back of my truck, not a problem. I think the Hueys are bringing a chem toilet, I might purchase and bring one also.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    DIY ACU Camo
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 ACU Camo
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    And just a reminder that the bugs are BAD BAD BAD we stayed at hurricane cove this last weekend and hate to say it but the bugs won that fight. i personally have never had such a bad night in a hammock before so if you don't have a bug net i highly suggest getting one and that isn't a sure fire cure as we were getting bitten thru the nets
    In life you never know how much something cost's, till it's time to pay for it.
    And the best things are free.

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I need to actually read this thread to find out the details, but I might be able to make this one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast