Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcalions10 View Post
    im pretty set on an eno for this purchase, would a double be too big for a person as small as me?
    I'm curious about what is so attractive about a heavy, overpriced, too-short hammock that won't even come with a proper suspension. What sold you on ENO as the best way to go? Do you have a friend who swears by ENO?

I personally can't tolerate ENO's deceptive marketing, primarily aimed at people who know absolutely nothing about hammocks, who don't know they can get better, cheaper, more comfortable hammocks. The Doublenest is marketed as a two-person hammock, and the vast majority of people who've tried two people in a hammock know it's a recipe for misery and sleepless nights.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 03-11-2015 at 20:34.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm curious about what is so attractive about a heavy, overpriced, too-short hammock that won't even come with a proper suspension. What sold you on ENO as the best way to go? Do you have a friend who swears by ENO?

I personally can't tolerate ENO's deceptive marketing, primarily aimed at people who absolutely nothing about hammocks, who don't know they can get better, cheaper, more comfortable hammocks. The Doublenest is marketed as a two-person hammock, and the vast majority of people who've tried two people in a hammock know it's a recipe for misery and sleepless nights.
    I'm very much in that corner. I'm always a bit confused when people just announce out of the blue that they've done the research and have finally decided to go Big Box. The research could not have possibly have been done on this site, so when it posts here, I get a bit confused, I guess.
    Signature suspended

For your size, a single should be fine.

Hammock
    WBRR, Dutch
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Assorted JRB, DIY
    Suspension
    Whooooopie!
    Dutch Dutch Dutch!
    Always last to the camp site.

Hammock
    DIY 11ft. Whipped
    Tarp
    WL-Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    I've at least tried,if not owned, a GT ultralight, Eno Double nest, and Dutch PolyD. The best by far in all areas is definitively Dutch. My graduation of suspension in order of preference from worst to favorite is as follows: sketchy cord, Eno Slap Strap Pro,Speed Hooks, with whoopie slings, and Dutch cinch buckles\dutch clips tied for the top. So I too join the choruses praising Dutch.

thanks for the info guys . a friend recommended it to me that why I was persuaded towards eno; but it sounds like duch is the way to go?

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Keep in mind ENO hammocks are modular, where vendors usually sell their hammocks with netting or suspension included.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post

I personally can't tolerate ENO's deceptive marketing, primarily aimed at people who know absolutely nothing about hammocks, who don't know they can get better, cheaper, more comfortable hammocks. The Doublenest is marketed as a two-person hammock, and the vast majority of people who've tried two people in a hammock know it's a recipe for misery and sleepless nights.
    Amen brother! The only thing my ENO gets used for now days is backyard lounging, or for a loner hammock.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcalions10 View Post
    thanks for the info guys . a friend recommended it to me that why I was persuaded towards eno; but it sounds like dutch is the way to go?
    There's no better value out there than the Dutch hammocks or the BIAS Hiker Lite right now. Add a Dutch bugnet for $45, and a whoopie hook suspension with straps for $39, and you're all set (other than insulation and tarp). You'll hear a lot of folks advocate integrated bugnets with zippers. However, I like modular systems. I have maybe 10 hammocks but only three bugnets (I got kids).

I like trying different hammock fabrics affordably, and you can try Dutch's fabrics for around $35 a pop.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Just say no to ENO. To be honest does this look comfortable to you? This was from the reddit hammock forum, the only place on the web that ENO is worshiped. This guy claimed that this is a double nest. Friends don't let friends get suckered into ENO.

http://i.imgur.com/D2XERC9.jpg
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast