Thread: Need Help Soon

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Insulation
    Blue CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Need Help Soon

OK so I'll get right to it. I'm about to put anchors in the wall to hang my WBBB XLC for nightly use. I will be removing the bug net so no more footbox and shelf. I cannot test whether or not I still need to hang the foot end higher than the head end because of how my backyard is configured. Its weird and it's difficult to judge angles. Does anybody know if I still need to hang the foot higher even with the net off?

Images
    I am going to guess yes because you raise the footend to improve the lay and to keep from waking up in the footbox.
    O&B
    May your mileage in the backcountry exceed your post count.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Yes, I have mine hung in the basement and I find the having the foot higher still applied

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Insulation
    Blue CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoefor2 View Post
    Yes, I have mine hung in the basement and I find the having the foot higher still applied
    OK do you know how high? Brandon recommends 18 inches but that seems a little too high. What works for you?

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Zpack
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ hooks
    Yes, the net has no effect on foot higher. Foot higher is to correct your lay and keep you from sliding down the hammock.
    --- Bill ---

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    It will depend on your body mass. The point of having the foot end higher is that your center of mass (somewhere along your torso) will migrate toward the low point/center of the hammock. having the foot end higher moves your center of mass toward the head end keeping you better centered along the length of the hammock.

Big in the center and you don't need the foot end a lot higher. Small in the middle with big shoulders and you probably need the foot end considerably higher.

I find 6"-10" works well for me (I heavier in the middle).

If you have sufficient space between the walls then the ends of the hammock, the wall anchors can be closer to the same height and the suspension can be use to raise one end and lower the other.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    in progress
    Insulation
    DIY Down + PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Straps
    Images
    How wide is the space you're going to hang in the room? How much and what type of suspension are you planning on using? What height are you planning on putting the bolts?

If you have sufficient space between the walls then the ends of the hammock, the wall anchors can be closer to the same height and the suspension can be use to raise one end and lower the other.
    gmcttr ^
    A smile is a curve that can get a lot of things straight.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Insulation
    Blue CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by K8oe View Post
    How wide is the space you're going to hang in the room? How much and what type of suspension are you planning on using? What height are you planning on putting the bolts?

gmcttr ^
    The walls are 13 1/2 feet apart. I know it's not ideal hanging distance for an XLC but it's the best I've got. I'm gonna use Spax screws to secure surface mount d-rings to a stud. I'm gonna use Whoopie slings and carbines. I used the Hammock Calculator and have the approximate hight for the anchors. Now another question for y'all (sorry) but when putting the anchors in, should I lower the head end or raise the foot end?

Hammock
    DIY 1.9oz ripstop DL
    Insulation
    diy apex UQ/mil TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie 1/8
    I personally would split the difference up between the two anchors. I found out the hard way when I put my eyebolts in the wall and have to drill another hole in a different stud to make it work. I would take and set it up outside making sure that you suspension is the same length on each side. get your lay right and measure the height of each side of the hammock to see what difference is and use that. just make sure that its relatively level and any differences you have can be adjusted for in your suspension. good luck and happy hanging

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Insulation
    Blue CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    I personally would split the difference up between the two anchors. I found out the hard way when I put my eyebolts in the wall and have to drill another hole in a different stud to make it work. I would take and set it up outside making sure that you suspension is the same length on each side. get your lay right and measure the height of each side of the hammock to see what difference is and use that. just make sure that its relatively level and any differences you have can be adjusted for in your suspension. good luck and happy hanging
    Thanks for the input! Looking forward to hanging full time!!!