Boilerplate gathering sign up sheet

Not sure if this is even possible, but can HF somehow provide a generic sign-up sheet that can be linked to in the first post of a hammock hang planning thread?
    To me the Google docs option is less than ideal. It seems people on Mobile ios devices have issues editing and I've seen people mention other issues when trying to use Google docs

Sorry if this issue has been previously addressed, but I have not seen it.

Thanks guys
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Since group hangs are not officially associated with, run by, or sponsored by Hammock Forums, I'm not sure that this is within the purview of the site. Deciding to have a sign up sheet is the prerogative of the person or persons that are organizing said hang - so if people have issues accessing them, that would be something to take up with the hang organizer.

However, if some member(s) (care to volunteer ) were to come up with a different format or template that worked across platforms and was easy to alter, I'm sure others would happily use it.

Not looking for an official sanctioning or anything like that. Not even suggesting it would be a requirement. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do something I see a lot of members trying to do on here. And since there are two forum sub sections dedicated to hangs I feel it does fall under the purview of the forum but is certainly not the responsibility of the site. If this was something I was capable of solving by volunteering I would have done so instead of just asking if you guys could do it.

Thanks

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    You could either create a generic spreadsheet on Google Drive, or use something like SignUpGenius (http://www.signupgenius.com) and share the sign up link. We use SignUpGenius all the time for our Cub Scout Pack for volunteer sign up sheets.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTrees View Post
    Not looking for an official sanctioning or anything like that. Not even suggesting it would be a requirement. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do something I see a lot of members trying to do on here. And since there are two forum sub sections dedicated to hangs I feel it does fall under the purview of the forum but is certainly not the responsibility of the site. If this was something I was capable of solving by volunteering I would have done so instead of just asking if you guys could do it.

Thanks
    Disclaimer - I'm just a member like you, not HF staff (i.e. I'm perhaps not the 'you guys' you're looking for )

But let me clarify my comment, as it seems to have been misconstrued:

I think your thought is a good idea. However you seemed to address this request to "HF", which to me suggests that you're asking the mods/admins/site owner to perhaps solve this issue, or provide the solution, and I'm suggesting that you're asking to wrong audience.

While HF does have sub forums dedicated to posting about hangs, it's really just a place for people to let others know they are having an event. If the person that is running the hang feels the need to have a sign up sheet, that's on them, not on "HF", to create. All that said, I agree that google docs is not the best, and causes issues sometimes - especially for mobile users.

So perhaps this is better asked of the assembled members: does anyone have any ideas for a more universally accessible and cross-platform friendly option for creating sign up sheets for group hangs, that doesn't involve the use of Google Docs and Google Sheets?

you are correct I thought you were HF staff, sorry for the over generalized "you guys"

Punkisdead thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTrees View Post
    you are correct I thought you were HF staff, sorry for the over generalized "you guys"

Punkisdead thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else got any ideas?
    No worries. And agreed, signup genius looks pretty interesting. I'll have to check that out further.

Cheers!

Ok so just to follow up, I messed around with sign-up genius a little bit... It's a little clunky but I think the potential is there for it to be an alternative to Google docs. I think someone with a little more patience could put something workable together with it.

• + New Posts