So let’s say that you’re on a little road trip. Maybe, I dunno, driving from the UK to Mongolia as part of a charity rally. Many nights will be spent where there are no trees and you just can’t bring yourself to include a tent, nor do you want to sleep in your rally racer. What do you do?

If you’re Nick from DD Hammocks, you do this:

I received an email from Nick this morning on an unrelated topic and he mentioned the Hammock Mount for a Jeep thread and said that these pics may be of some interest. Of course I begged him to let me post them on HF and he most graciously agreed. Here’s the little write-up from the email about the hang.
I was on Hammock Forums recently and noticed a thread titled 'hammock mount for the jeep' - I attached a couple of photos that may be of interest if you saw this thread! This summer I spent a month driving from the UK to Mongolia as part of a charity rally and my team-mate and I slept almost every night in the new Frontline hammocks attached to the car roofrack! It was even possible for one of us to lie in the hammock while the other drove! I'm planning to make a similar roofrack made for my car back home (the roofrack was bolted through the roof at each corner - the poles that supported the hammocks could be removed when driving on main roads and put in the back of the car - to put them up took just 2 minutes, the poles simply slid into the tube shaped cross on the roof).
I like this guy! I mean how can you not like a fella that says it’s possible for one to lay in the hammock while the other person is driving? I like a rough ride from time to time, but you’d have to be some kind of heavy sleeper to sleep through a rally ride.

Anyhow, I figured the pictures would be interesting to a few. He promised me more details about the rig and I’ll post them when I get them. At least we know of one other hammock manufacturer lurking in the HF shadows.