Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Loved the video Shug, as always. You guys sure know how to have a good time.
    WF- welcome to the group. Smart people learn from their mistakes, really smart people learn from other people's mistakes. From your list of gear, you're starting out half-way up the learning curve.

Luckiest noob ever to have such a hiking partner on his maiden voyage.... I am NOT Envious..... well
    yeah me too...
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    I've been some what absent to the forum recently due to work and what a great way to get the ol' hike-n-hang juices flowing but to see this ! Looking forward to a fireside stogie.
    I am looking forward to that as well MrGreen!

Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    my father a non hiker/hanger stops over alot and seems to always ask me if the funny red haired guy has any new videos, when this one came up we had to watch it, he just loves the shug vids, same sense of humor I think, glad to see wf had a great system his first time out, my first time out was the nct, northern hang really had no idea what I was doing or what was needed, successful, I thought so , but way way to heavy of a pack. when we meet again on the trail maybe we can tweak my pack some??? great vid as always nice to see the nct again..
    I love that your Dad likes the videos!
    See you on the SHT.

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Of corse you do Shug, it's not that we all think you are supper man flying about the woods, but we all have so much fun sitting in on your adventures via YouTube for 5 minutes that we all think it would be a blast to just sit back and laugh our *** off on a hike with you. I am trying to figure out how to book your show for the Idaho Hang/Feast next fall. Every day needs a good laugh, Thanks for bringing so may of them to us all.
    Paul
    Thanks! If the Idaho thing happens and I can make I will do what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Shug is a blast to hang with...no doubt about it.
    But I enjoyed my time with Sean just as much. (aint that right Sybil!)
    We did have some good rambles and rambles in the forest....

Quote Originally Posted by east_stingray View Post
    Shug, if you ever want a tour of the Ozarks, give me a ring! Looks like hiking with you is always bound to be fun and exciting.
    Man, I would love to do that. Thinking Ozarks in the winter ..... Whoooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    I've been away from the Forum for awhile, just busy with work and biking. Shug's video is a great reminder of how much fun can be had here! Feels like old home week down at Shug's!
    Thankee .... Really, this forum is a civilized reprieve from day to day life. Dreaming of a trip in the fall-like forest.

Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    Sweet time, sweet vid, hope to hike some day with you shug as well. You fellers sure hang your hammocks low to the ground, have to try that next time im out.
    Cool. Low is good when you are doing some extreme "lolly-gagging" in the woods. Makes it easy to work your stoves and such and WF likes it as it takes pressure off of the back of your knees when sitting in the BB lounger style. BB is my most comfortable hammock to sit in.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Man, I would love to do that. Thinking Ozarks in the winter ..... Whoooooooo
    Winter is THE time to do the Ozarks. All the waterfalls are usually running, the nights don't get too much below 30 (my friends think I'm crazy for calling that warm, but I grew up in IL), and the views off the bluffs are AWESOME! I'll be out there all winter

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by east_stingray View Post
    Winter is THE time to do the Ozarks. All the waterfalls are usually running, the nights don't get too much below 30 (my friends think I'm crazy for calling that warm, but I grew up in IL), and the views off the bluffs are AWESOME! I'll be out there all winter
    Me and a buddy did part of the Current River section around Thanksgiving last year and it was as good as you say. If we have the time off of work, we're talking about doing another section this fall/winter.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Torture is knowing there is a new shug video to see, but not having enough bandwidth to see it! I've been extremely bandwidth limited the last 10 days, but FINALLY am back in the connected world and got to see the rambles.

• loved the bluesy intro!
    • I have a couple of Kelly Kettles now, the 1.5 quart sized one for family car camping and the 16 oz one that you demoed. I'm interested in that lighter weight base, wonder if you'd get more of the chimney effect if the lightweight base emulated the stock base with a smaller air passage at the base. More camping science to do! One of the things that I like about the big one (little one is yet untouched by flame...) is the Roar you hear of the fire burning, and the sound of water boiling. I think the vid got some of that.
    • great idea on raising the ridgeline. I had the drooping ridgeline problem in an HH, and got it up by wrapping around a small plastic case for contact lenses (which on the trail is used to hold a few tablets of medicine)
    • Didn't catch whether Wanderin' Fool had a CCF pad along with the Yeti. In the birthing scene it looked like the quilt went from the above his head to his waist. Might have had CBS if there weren't anything below the waist
    • The little boy, ah, I mean scientist, in me loved dat poop. Who couldn't get a kick out of little feet sticking out of scat. Reminds me of the old joke about bears, bear bells, and pepper spray.

now that the summer performance season is winding down, I'm looking forward to another set of "shug in the piney woods" vids!

thanks muchly

Grizz

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Torture is knowing there is a new shug video to see, but not having enough bandwidth to see it! I've been extremely bandwidth limited the last 10 days, but FINALLY am back in the connected world and got to see the rambles.
    England, Scotland, Ireland?????
    [*] loved the bluesy intro!
    I am now inspired to write a hammock song by taking a random line here and there from the hiakus in Members .... that way it is a collective. Now .... back to commune!
    [*] I have a couple of Kelly Kettles now, the 1.5 quart sized one for family car camping and the 16 oz one that you demoed. I'm interested in that lighter weight base, wonder if you'd get more of the chimney effect if the lightweight base emulated the stock base with a smaller air passage at the base. More camping science to do! One of the things that I like about the big one (little one is yet untouched by flame...) is the Roar you hear of the fire burning, and the sound of water boiling. I think the vid got some of that.
    I love that sound as well ... and the KK rockin' as it boils. I think I will just bring the original base from now on ..... only really saved about 2 1/2 ounces on the lightweight base.
    [*] great idea on raising the ridgeline. I had the drooping ridgeline problem in an HH, and got it up by wrapping around a small plastic case for contact lenses (which on the trail is used to hold a few tablets of medicine)
    Thanks .... a quick fix and easy. Maybe a BB accessory?

[*] Didn't catch whether Wanderin' Fool had a CCF pad along with the Yeti. In the birthing scene it looked like the quilt went from the above his head to his waist. Might have had CBS if there weren't anything below the waist
    He did not have a pad ... it just slipped up or he might have vented. He did not remember as he was in a deep hammock induced trance! WF said he had no CB syndrome.
    [*] The little boy, ah, I mean scientist, in me loved dat poop. Who couldn't get a kick out of little feet sticking out of scat. Reminds me of the old joke about bears, bear bells, and pepper spray.
    Seriously .... I love trail scat.

now that the summer performance season is winding down, I'm looking forward to another set of "shug in the piney woods" vids!
    thanks muchly
    Grizz
    This winter .... time allowing.
    Thanks for all the nice comments Grizz. Welcome home.
    Shug

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    Loved the video Shug, as always. You guys sure know how to have a good time.
    WF- welcome to the group. Smart people learn from their mistakes, really smart people learn from other people's mistakes. From your list of gear, you're starting out half-way up the learning curve.
    yeah me too...
    WF was truly a terrific hiking partner. We have know each other for years .... He too is a former Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Baily Circus Clown like me. Wandern'Fool is an wonderful performer and I am proud to know him. Here is his promo website:http://www.kennyahern.com/main.html
    We were not on the show together but there is a bond amongst us. Now we do not have to talk show biz all the time...........................
    Now we have hammocks and gear to ramble about.
    He is soooo hooked.
    Shug

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    "...so I'm walking in the forest, minding my own business, and the next thing you know, I bump into a couple of clowns playing with fire, swinging from trees and making videos..."

Hammock
    a modified tent
    Tarp
    blue construction
    Insulation
    body fat
    Suspension
    purple tow straps
    Images
    I think the so-called 'scat' may actually be vomit from some wild and bigger critter....maybe a snake did it...they will reject a full belly to get away from predators when scared.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendigo View Post
    I think the so-called 'scat' may actually be vomit from some wild and bigger critter....maybe a snake did it...they will reject a full belly to get away from predators when scared.
    Maybe ...... but up here in the North we just don't have big snakes. I miss the thrill! It was size-able scat. WF thought it could have been vomit as well. More than likely, huh?
    I will keep an eye peeled on the next NCT trip.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast