WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Longest Week of My Life

Not necessarily true .. but it was long. I had ordered a Blackbird XLC and it shipped on the 13th. I kept having to tell myself not to think about it so much and on friday I was thinking how it was taking so long. Then I realized it had only been a week.

So to cut it short, I was able to pick it up at the post office yesterday and had a few opportunities to set it up. Took it out with a buddy today for a quick setup with my newly installed whoopie slings.

Can't wait to have an overnighter in it. The hammock is gorgeous. So comfy. I set it up yesterday in the back yard and not to tout it's medicinal qualities but I had a migraine while setting it up but after a half hour of laying down in it, the headache "magically" went away. I love the little mitten hooks for the tie outs. Those little addictions are so great.

BlackbirdXLC1.jpg
    BlackbirdXLC2.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Pad for now
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Waiting for my Blackbird to arrive tomorrow. Know the feeling.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    JRB Hex
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Kevlar
    Haha! I've got a Dutch and a BIAS hammock in the mail. I leave Saturday for a mountain hike! So whichever one gets here first gets taken...

Hammock
    DIY dl bridge
    Tarp
    Diy silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink straps
    You will love it. Great hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Single Layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    have you slept in a regular blackbird before? I'm really interested in the XLC if nothing else but for the fact that the bugnet is totally removable. I would just go with a simple dutch/traveler style hammock and removable net, but I really really like the footbox/shelf of the BB.

I'm 6'2", but I get a really good nights sleep in my BB still. Not sure if I need the 11' or not honestly, because I'm sortof a gram counter.
    Keep on keepin' on.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I've slept in a Grand Trunk before...I've had a lie in a regular Blackbird but even if I had slept in it I'm not sure I'd remember. It was all so new and nothing like sleeping on the ground it was and still is awesome.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, CCF pad
    Suspension
    I switch around
    What's all that white stuff on the ground?
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Cinch, Whoopie/Marlin, whatever
    JRB TQ with CCF underneath
    DIY tarps

"When In Charge, Ponder. When In Trouble, Delegate. And When In Doubt, Mumble."

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brancher View Post
    What's all that white stuff on the ground?
    haha. That is global warming. We set a record last night for lowest temp for this time of year. It was -22C this morning (-30 something with the windchill). So we're still stuck with a bit of snow. The only advantage is that the longer it stays cold the longer we get to enjoy the outdoors without the bugs. The other bonus is that I could hang and test if my quilts were working properly and if I had them dialed in well enough for when I do a real trip in a month. You can feel the cold quickly when the underquilt is not sitting just right when it's this cold out.

Hammock
    WB Traveler XL
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh_on View Post
    I had ordered a Blackbird XLC and it shipped on the 13th. I kept having to tell myself not to think about it so much and on friday I was thinking how it was taking so long. Then I realized it had only been a week.
    Congrats on the new hammock! I just placed an order with WB for my first one... a Traveler XL. Their website says about a 2 week lead time. How on earth did you stand the wait?!?

I went back and forth trying to decide if I should dive into this hammock "thing" head first and just get the XLC. My wife seems to think I have a problem with going overboard when getting into a new hobby (she uses hobby and obsession interchangeably). She was proud of my maturity when I started with "just" a Traveler. I'm glad she didn't also see my bookmarks and shopping cart(s)!!
    Last edited by BGRFFDave; 03-23-2015 at 14:50.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by BGRFFDave View Post
    Congrats on the new hammock! I just placed an order with WB for my first one... a Traveler XL. Their website says about a 2 week lead time. How on earth did you stand the wait?!?

I went back and forth trying to decide if I should dive into this hammock "thing" head first and just get the XLC. My wife seems to think I have a problem with going overboard when getting into a new hobby (she uses hobby and obsession interchangeably). She was proud of my maturity when I started with "just" a Traveler. I'm glad she didn't also see my bookmarks and shopping cart(s)!!
    lol I had sort of the same thing. I was only going to spend the cash and get a Hennessy but then she started in on the guilt trip about hanging in my hammock alone so I decided screw it...I'll get the one I really want and then if she wants to sit in it with me and look out at the lake she can (couldn't have done that in the Hennessy).

They are fast at Warbonnet. I got the XLC and the superfly and it was only about a week and a half before it shipped...then a week to get here. Now that it's here...man..I don't know how I did it either. Mostly I just read things and prepared myself on here each day (oh and I tried to get some work done too hehe)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast