Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    just bought new electrical tape (more because the stuff i had may have been 50 years old) and liquid electrical tape.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I bought liquid tape. I asked the mechanics at work and they use it in engine and such. I am hoping this works.

The 15-91 has been mounted to quite a few different cabinets... I would rexamine the wires that duck down to the foot peddle controller from the sewing deck. The folding in of the sewing machine and fold out work surfaces rubs these specific wires..... a chafed wire could short out to the metal of the machine very easyly. Worth a good look, imho. Btw' the grease that was org. Used in these machines have probably dryer up..cleaning and relube with new grease us in order. As well as oiling all oil points
    Last edited by the_gr8t_waldo; 03-25-2015 at 20:49.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the_gr8t_waldo View Post
    The 15-91 has been mounted to quite a few different cabinets... I would rexamine the wires that duck down to the foot peddle controller from the sewing deck. The folding in of the sewing machine and fold out work surfaces rubs these specific wires..... a chafed wire could short out to the metal of the machine very easyly. Worth a good look, imho. Btw' the grease that was org. Used in these machines have probably dryer up..cleaning and relube with new grease us in order. As well as oiling all oil points
    Ty. I think I got it now. I got this machine from an Old lady who it was boughf for. in 1948 her husband bought it for her and demanded she sew his shirts and such. She refused and never touched it. It was and is in beautiful shape. When I redid the whole thing, I followed instructions on rewiring the motor and cleaned and relubed, reoiled and started using. The issue I believe was in the parts of the wires I didnt redo inside the motor. When you put it all back it bent a wire where whennit was out it looked fine. I used the liquid tape and its seems tobe running tip top.

I do have an issue that I fixed the last time but cant figure out. The big black wheel that you hand turn when needed, and the silver smaller knob. I cant get it to hold and or release as needed. is it a timing issue where the needle needs to be at a specific point when you start. I should be able to tighten the little screw so I can move the silver knob back and forth to disengage the drive when winding the bobbin.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I think I got it. It wasnt the washer, but I wasnt holding the needle and it didnt tighten all the way.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12