Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Here you go. Here is a thread from a few months ago. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ght=weaver2469

Also, here is the reply I put on that thread.

"My wife and I did it last year. I highly recommend it. We had a smaller tarp than you and it still worked great. In fact, I am thinking about getting a superfly just so we can keep the two hammock thing going. I suggest finding slightly larger trees than you would usually use. String the suspension for one hammock so it comes off the left side of the tree and put the other off the right side. This will give you some separation between the hammocks. (the wider the tree trunk, the bigger the separation) Our shoulders still touched, but we kind of liked it that way. Also, I hung my hammock about 4-5 inches lower than hers. This allowed my shoulder to kind of slide under hers a little bit, but was still a side-by-side hang. This was her first night ever in a hammock and she loved it.

The other thing you might try is Dutch's new whoopie hooks that have an extra hole to add a spreader bar. Here is a thread about it. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-Whoopie-Hooks

The most important thing is to make sure she has your warmer underquilt so she doesn't get cold. Enjoy your trip. "
    Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks!

Hammock
    11ft WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    kaq top n bottom
    Suspension
    web n buckles
    Thanks for the thread...

Funny u mention the warmer quilt.... That's the exact Convo I had with her in the car yesterday.... " u get all my warmest best stuff so u like it. I could freeze my butt off and still enjoy being out there"

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Fiancee and I did this before...I sewed up a couple of pole pockets out of webbing, and attached a couple of aluminum tent poles into them to spread our two hammocks apart... This camping season though, we are going to try the V method (one spreader bar or three trees, or one big big tree and one smaller tree), or completely against each other.... for the big big tree method, basically run two tree huggers, with each side coming off different sides..this puts a little space between the two hammocks. EDIT: the Ogee tarp version shown in the top pic, I think shows new whoopie slings in use, if not, then it's the older heavy duty buckle set up system with web straps... the other 3 pictures are of the older suspension system before we upgraded to whoopies.

Bat-Wing Tarp Double Hammock 3.jpg

Two Hammocks.jpg

Two Hammocks Spreader Bar detail.jpg

Two Hammocks one tarp 3.jpg

Hammock
    11ft WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    kaq top n bottom
    Suspension
    web n buckles
    Awesome. Thanks for all the input!

Looks like I'll have to get out with both hammocks and do some 'sperimentin'

Can always use a good excuse to hit the woods!

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    I need a new hammock for the wife! Doh! She likes our DD Frontline with the straight webbing, no hardware at all. I've been trying to figure it out but hers is a lot smaller than my XLC.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12