Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    How do I attach continuous loop to the hammock?

    I am new to hammocks, my wife likes hammocks, so I thought I would read up on them and got addicted to learning about the subject.

    I bought my first hammock, a Dutch NylonD 11', and I would like some advice on how to attach the continuous loops. Should I run them inside of the channels or wrap them on the outside of the hammock before the channel stitching?

    When I did my first hang of the hammock I used paracord and wrapped it on the outside of the hammock before the channel stitching and I saw some wear after using it for only 15 minutes.

  2. #2
    brino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, United States
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    AHE New River UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speed clips
    Posts
    74
    Images
    7
    if the hammock has a channel you should just be able to run your loop through it and then larks-head back onto itself... and that's it.

    Generally you would only wrap around the outside if there is an actual whipping bundle, like on a WBBB.

    Hope that helps!

  3. #3
    12trysomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Central NY
    Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Posts
    1,667
    I larks head mine around the hammock 75% of the time, the other 25% I run it through the channel. You are good either way.
    "Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm" "I'm growing older but not up"

    My YouTube Page BackpackingAdventures My FaceBook Page BackpackingAdventures

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bangor, PA
    Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    sythetic
    Suspension
    straps and whoopie
    Posts
    40
    I do both. I go through the channel, then around the outside and back through the starting loop to finish the larks head. The advantage to this is you can use the outside wrap the adjust tensions in different areas of the hammock. Want a tighter side? Pull more of the sides up into the outside wrap. You can pull a really big amount only on one side to make one tight side and form a "chair" back. If there is a tight spot in the hammock that bothers you, play around with pulling different amounts up into the loop.

Similar Threads

  1. Ridgeline with continuous loop - larks head or loop
    By HesNot in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 08:53
  2. Dutch Wasps to attach Tarp to Continuous Ridgeline
    By Thunder Adventure Co in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 20:01
  3. adjustable knots for webbing with no loop to a continuous loop? biners?
    By lostear in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 17:07
  4. Video: Simple Hammock Suspension Options with Continuous Loop
    By dejoha in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 20:22
  5. Continuous loop on hammock end
    By Ra66it in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 00:29

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •