Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    do you have more pictures of how the doors are secured?
    Sorry, those are the only pictures I took. For the doors, I followed Rob's advice in his seam sealing video which was to cut a piece of shock cord half the distance of the door's full length. I larksheaded the cord to the door corner and on the end of the SC I put a mitten hook. That amount of cord is perfect for folding the doors to the outside (shown in my pic) and hooking the two mitten hooks together. It is also the perfect distance to close the doors and clip the hook onto the opposite corner's tie-out.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but if you watch the end of this video you will get a better idea. (at the 4:40 mark) Credit goes to 12trysomething for taking the time to make it: http://goo.gl/5xzcYM
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” – Winston Churchill

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrookeiv View Post
    Just curious, what do you use for summer?
    I use an older Warbonnet tarp that is a bit bigger than the Warbonnet edge. No doors on it so I only use it in the summer or backpacking when gear weight is an issue.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I've been watching a number of threads on rigging the SF so this one will be added to the list. My tarp is in the mail (hopefully here tomorrow). I'm not much of a hardware fan so I'll just have straight lines on the edges and a CRL of lash it across the top. I'm still a bit undecided on the doors but I have some bungee that might work.

I'm trying to stretch my SF into working with both my Hennessy and WBRR. Interior space isn't much of an issue with the Hennessy but the head end gets tight with the spreader bars of the WBRR. I have a plethora of poles from an assortment of old tents so I'm planning to shorten one and split the difference. I'll use the pullouts at my feet and a pole at the head end. Once I get a chance to set everything up and seam seal I'll report back with some pics. Keep the good info coming....

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SundaySauce View Post
    Sorry, those are the only pictures I took. For the doors, I followed Rob's advice in his seam sealing video which was to cut a piece of shock cord half the distance of the door's full length. I larksheaded the cord to the door corner and on the end of the SC I put a mitten hook. That amount of cord is perfect for folding the doors to the outside (shown in my pic) and hooking the two mitten hooks together. It is also the perfect distance to close the doors and clip the hook onto the opposite corner's tie-out.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but if you watch the end of this video you will get a better idea. (at the 4:40 mark) Credit goes to 12trysomething for taking the time to make it: http://goo.gl/5xzcYM
    thanks, your extra explanation helps a lot, and with the two pics above I see exactly what you're talking about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12