comming together

hey all brand new here trying to get stuff ready for my 1st hang canoe fishing trip on the 18th. so far I got a gt double a kelty noah 12 some reflective paracord for the tarp set up and a extra handful of tent stakes. I cut up a old synthetic army sleeping bag for UQ almost done with it still needing to sew the end channels for shockcord left it big like 53x68 I think . i have another synthetic sleeping bag to cut up for a OQ + a good old wool blanky I just ordered a whoopie sling set up with adjustable ridgeline and a set of infinity carabiners. hoping the GT factory tree ropes work good till I can get a better set of tree straps. lots of sewing wow a big thanks to the better 1/2 even if shes freaking out a lil but its all coming together cant wait to try it all out hope I like it taking a lil tent just incase hope I don't need it

http://shop.bivysack.com/Foam-1-2-Th...m?productId=80

Bought a GT a couple of weeks ago and found it was enough to make me want more. Adding a pad from Oware willske a world of difference. Another poster made the suggestion of a pad pocket in regards to something else, but I thinl it would make a nice addition to your setup. The foam tends not to slip as much as my Exped inflatable and it helps flatten out the lay as well.
    http://hikinghq.net/gear/pocket_pad.html
    I find with a smaller piece underneath for two layers seems to help even more. The flatter lay helps keep the sides down also. You may decide that your next one, and there will be a next one (don't tell the wife), is a bit narrower and made by USA craftsmen. You won't really see a price difference. They must be doing it out of love, cause they're actually pretty cheap.
    Don't use them ropes on the trees. Bad news for the trees. Don't know if vheap Wally world straps will work, maybe some padding around them. Somebody here has a better idea.

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Open Cell underpad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    get yourself a pair of 1500lb rated cargo tie down straps from a Fleet Farm or Tractor Supply Company store. With the steel hook on one end and no loop on the other, you can simply connect to the trees and then use a Beckett Hitch to the whoopie sling, OR have the wife sew one end into a loop, and use the hook to hold your whoopie slings...this will be OK for a while until you can upgrade to lighter web straps. (I removed the hooks and sewn one end into a loop, then use Beckett hitch w the whoopies I have)

Hammock
    DIY 10x5 w/srl
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x10' cat pu
    Insulation
    DIY recycled down
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Test test test in your backyard first. Work out the major kinks before going live with your setup...

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    In case Beckyinma's post wasn't clear, test, test, test first before you go "live". If you don't have the required structure in your back yard, try a neighborhood park.

Note, be ready to talk to the nice policeman who will drop by - at neighbor's request - just to make sure you aren't setting up camp. Once I explained to the police officer, who stop by for a "chat", that I was checking my gear before a camping trip, he wished me good travels and said I should enjoy the PUBLIC park like all the other citizens.

thinking I better hang it a few times before I go on fishing trip. think ill take it with me on Thursday checking on the ice thaw on a few dams here should be close to thawed and give it a try. I don't have a post or tree in my yard so its going to have to be out somewhere ??? the park playground sounds like a great idea and the police will be called on me im sure ;-)

Hammock
    Dutch Argon and NylonD
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, JRB
    Suspension
    Whooooopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by designer@quickdata.com View Post
    In case Beckyinma's post wasn't clear, test, test, test first before you go "live". If you don't have the required structure in your back yard, try a neighborhood park.

Note, be ready to talk to the nice policeman who will drop by - at neighbor's request - just to make sure you aren't setting up camp. Once I explained to the police officer, who stop by for a "chat", that I was checking my gear before a camping trip, he wished me good travels and said I should enjoy the PUBLIC park like all the other citizens.
    My imagination placed a British Constable in your story. A constable with a barrel chest, a bobby hat, and baton.
    Always last to the camp site.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstar77 View Post
    My imagination placed a British Constable in your story. A constable with a barrel chest, a bobby hat, and baton.
    way to funny but im sure there is a badge ill be seeing soon its getting a bit crazy around here lots of bad eggs moving in the neighborhood so I know when I start to set up some one will think im moving into the playground ;-(