Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape

Just ordered my first hammock

After looking around for a while, I had gone back and forth between a handful of hammocks. I am a long time backpacker, but haven't hung before, so this is something I'm looking forward to. I almost bought an ENO after watching some online videos, but I'm glad I was looking around on here and saw some posts about them and decided to keep looking. I was really thinking I was going to go with a Warbonnet Blackbird, even told some friends who were also looking that the WBBB was what I was going to end up in. But again, reading through here, I discovered the Dutch hammocks, and all the great things people had to say about them. So today I bit the bullet and purchased a double layer NylonD 1.0 hammock, along with all of the suspension equipment. I also purchased a bunch of Dutch gear for hanging a tarp.

But I don't have a tarp yet. I think I want the MamaJamba from Warbonnet, but would like to know what everyone else thinks of that tarp and if there are any other recommendations. So far this has been a very helpful forum for me! Thanks, looking forward to receiving my Dutch Hammock and getting my hang on!

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, HudsonR
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Congratulations on taking the plunge. I own the same hammock you purchased and like it a lot for the versatility of sliding insulation between the layers. It's very comfortable, and a great value.

As I'm sure you know from research, the Warbonnet tarps are very well regarded on price and quality. I own the Superfly, and like it a lot, and I'm confident that the Mamajamba is great too. But I wanted doors for wintertime use, and thought adding them to the MJ would be too fiddly. I suspect I will eventually get a relatively minimal tarp for summer use, maybe the Edge, or maybe something out of Cuben Fiber. So it came down to whether I will be better served by separate maximal and minimal tarps, or saving some money and going with something in between for all seasons, possibly adding a door kit. For me, the first option feels right.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon, wbbb, hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    whoopee slings
    Have the superfly, love the superfly

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Okay I ordered a Tadpole today. Should be perfect for summer and mild weather. I'll save up for a CF w/doors down the road for winter.

Superfly user here but I have heard good things about the tadpole. Congrats on your purchase

We have a couple Tadpoles, seem like a good size to me. plenty of coverage for what weather we would get into I believe, and pack pretty small/light.

Hammock
    DH RG 11'/WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Standard
    Insulation
    EE 20 Rev - HG 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The Tadpole is a great tarp for the price. I recently purchased the Hammock Gear Cuban Fiber Standard with Doors. Absolutely amazing.

Hammock
    Netty Hammeck
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 uq
    Suspension
    straps & rings
    Images
    I have been thoroughly pleased with my Hammock Gear Cuben Fiber Tarp with doors. Withstood a monster rain/hail/snow storm in the Grand Tetons with high winds and never got wet. I can't believe how light it is. Partner it up with some snake skins from Mountain Goat and you won't be sorry.

• + New Posts