Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.

Picks or thoughts on the Diamond Asymmetrical tarp?

Who has one? Would love pics and reviews on this baby.. Please....
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    That should read Pictures...

A member named DCAD did a quick field report on that tarp some time ago. Read it here.

I bought and pitched a similar shape and size, but non-cuben fiber, tarp a day ago, just because the thing was super-cheap. I honestly wouldn't want to be under such a tarp in any bad weather, especially with even the slightest of breeze. I plan to use mine only in the summer just to make some shade.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I ordered one about a month ago, but due to the cuben shortage I'm still waiting. Will post pics and thoughts once I get it though

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Thanks folks... Looking forward to more info and pics..

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Not sure what the dimensions are on the Diamond, but I made an asym tarp a while back. I think it's about a 5x10 rectangle, which gives me around a 12 ft ridgeline. Saw one WV made a long time ago and seemed lighter and simpler to pitch than than my typical 10x12 tarps. Mine is made out of sil nylon and my problems have been getting the ridgeline taught. It does give me enough coverage. The exact amount I need in fact but it has to be pitched low and when you do that you run the risk of pulling your stakes out when you sit down in the hammock. Pulling the tarp ridgeline to one side of the tree helped but it was a bit more finicky than I had hoped. Considering putting another tie out on each side to get the ridgeline to wrinkle less, but there again, I'm chipping away at the simplicity of only having two tie outs. Here are a few pics. They're not great.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0 w/NS50 1st gen
    Tarp
    DIY MEMBRANE 0.9oz
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30*
    Suspension
    whoopie/Dutchbling
    I have also been toying with the idea of one day getting the HG cuben diamond asym tarp (once the funds and cuben supply allow it). But I have similar reservations about how much coverage it really provides and under what conditions it would be insufficient. I see a lot of people say they would hate to be caught under one in inclement weather but I have not seen any actual reports of that happening so it's hard to get a good idea of exactly how far it could take you in terms of wind and rain conditions. I have also been thinking that a pole mod like what is pictured in this thread would potentially maximize the coverage and allow for the tarp to be pitched a little higher above the hammock and not right on top of you.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End Robic XL Fabric
    Insulation
    HG 20 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    I hear the same things. Most people say they wouldn't use one because they consider or assume coverage would be lacking. However I have not seen a lot of reports or pictures of this style in wet conditions. I have a HH with the asym rainfly, but I have not ever been in wet weather or had the need for it. I am interested in using it as I think the shape is astheticaly pleasing and I don't see why it wouldnt work. It seems the argument is that "in high winds it wouldn't provide good coverage" but I would have to say when properly pitched I don't see why it wouldn't. Additionally, if the winds are so strong that it would cause the fly to fail I would speculate that other flys would be in the same predicament. IMO

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    I'm camping in the rain tomorrow night. I'll try my asym. Haven't had it in the rain yet.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Just received my HG asym in the mail yesterday. I'll try to get it up later today and post some pics

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast