Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape

Dutch Hammock

Yesterday I got back to the hotel after work and had a package waiting for me. I couldn't wait to use it. I opened it up, got the suspension all figured out, then headed across the parking lot, and into the woods. I found a couple of perfect trees and strung it up. It took a few adjustments to get it where it hangs just right, but I found the sweet spot. Man is this thing comfy! This was my first time in a camping hammock. I was surprised at how soft the NylonD is. I got the double layer so that I could use a pad. However, my inflatable pad is just not right for this, so last night I ordered a Gossamer Gear 1/4 wide pad. That should do the trick. I also didn't realize how much you'd feel the breeze on the backside, guess that's why cold butt syndrome is talked about so much.

Thursday my Wilderness Logics Tadpole will come in. I already have the Zing it and Dutch bling to get that hung. Friday I'm heading out for a weekend backpacking/hanging trip. I'm looking forward to it. I'll report back with photos and a detailed report.

Thank you to all who helped me in making the decision to get this hammock and tarp, I think I'm going to be very happy with the choices!

11096684_828565250546530_349576827_n.jpg11106279_828565297213192_98000174_n.jpg11106272_828565320546523_226821368_n.jpg11130316_828565390546516_1752473949_n.jpg

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Nice - Love the color!

Now go make yerself a ridgeline!

-Klauss
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

"But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?"

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Congrats! One thing - your hang angle looks reaaaallly shallow, like they hang ENO hammocks. You''re gonna be a lot more comfy at a 30* angle, and a hammock ridgeline would definitely help.

http://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Thanks, I played around with the hang until it was where it felt right. I am going to do a 100 inch ridgeline, since it's a 10' hammock. I have the red zing it laying here right now!

Quote Originally Posted by backpkrmn View Post
    Thanks, I played around with the hang until it was where it felt right. I am going to do a 100 inch ridgeline, since it's a 10' hammock. I have the red zing it laying here right now!
    Nice looking Hammock, how wide is it ?
    J.
    Clarke Vertex with Z liners, Hammeck Envy S with Incubator 20*
    Custom Dutch Hammock 12' x 6' Double Hyper D ! My current daily sleep system !
    Custom SLD Tree Runner Double Hexon 12' x 6' Loco Libre 20* set
    SLD Tree Runner 12'

Hammock
    WBBB xlc,Dutch,DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Congrats! One thing - your hang angle looks reaaaallly shallow, like they hang ENO hammocks. You''re gonna be a lot more comfy at a 30* angle, and a hammock ridgeline would definitely help.

http://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/
    Yesterday I got back to the hotel after work and had a package waiting for me. I couldn't wait to use it. I opened it up, got the suspension all figured out, then headed across the parking lot, and into the woods. I found a couple of perfect trees and strung it up. It took a few adjustments to get it where it hangs just right, but I found the sweet spot. Man is this thing comfy! This was my first time in a camping hammock. I was surprised at how soft the NylonD is. I got the double layer so that I could use a pad. However, my inflatable pad is just not right for this, so last night I ordered a Gossamer Gear 1/4 wide pad. That should do the trick. I also didn't realize how much you'd feel the breeze on the backside, guess that's why cold butt syndrome is talked about so much.

Thursday my Wilderness Logics Tadpole will come in. I already have the Zing it and Dutch bling to get that hung. Friday I'm heading out for a weekend backpacking/hanging trip. I'm looking forward to it. I'll report back with photos and a detailed report.

Thank you to all who helped me in making the decision to get this hammock and tarp, I think I'm going to be very happy with the choices!

11096684_828565250546530_349576827_n.jpg11106279_828565297213192_98000174_n.jpg11106272_828565320546523_226821368_n.jpg11130316_828565390546516_1752473949_n.jpg
    I was thinking about adding one of those to my hammock inventory. Nice color.

There is a hammock calculator app available as well.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Nice looking hammock, the pad should take care of that breeze problem, let us know how your first trip with it turns ouit

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    I won't have the pad with me on this first weekend trip, but as the low is only going to be about 65 degrees, I don't see that as a problem. Last night I soaked everything in Permethrin (sp?) to try to gain a little protection from the mosquitoes. My Tadpole is out for delivery right now, right on time, so I'll be set for the possibility of rain this weekend (50%). I'm not opposed to hiking through the rain, just don't want to be wet while sleeping! I'll post up on how it goes and how I sleep.

Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I won't have the pad with me on this first weekend trip, but as the low is only going to be about 65 degrees, I don't see that as a problem.
    Be prepared to be surprised. Personally, if I don't have insulation beneath me, I can't sleep at anything below about 72 or 73. Just too cold. It sounds weird, I know.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Make sure you have some sort of insulation with you. Improvise, if necessary. Even a folding car Reflectix-type window shade will help. Cheap enough. CBS sucks!

Just re-read that u have ordered the wide GG Evolite pad. Hopefully, it will arrive before you leave. Someone suggested that you lie on it (on the floor) and have someone draw (generously) your outline. If you have to do it yourself, just trim the ends in a rounded contour.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast