I have decided to dive into the word of DIY gear... This is my first project of many to come, my $10 UQ. I made it with $1.50 ripstop from wallyworld, shock cord I had laying around, an emergency reflective blanket, left over quilt batting from my grandmother, and some grossgrain.
I had a lot of help from my grandmother on this project as I have very little experience sewing. It took us about 2 hours to complete.
The night I completed it the temperatures dropped to 48* here in Orlando so I did a back yard test. It preformed great! it did start getting a little cool on my back when it got around the low for the night so I have concluded the temp. rating is 50*
The finished product weighs 13.1 oz. so its not the lightest but for 10 bucks that's hard to beat!
My back yard testing grounds
Can be compressed to the size of a nalgene
I have also made a 360* bug net that I will post once I finish tweaking it. Once I save up enough money I will also be ordering supplies to make a tarp and TQ soon and I will be sure to post updates on both when I start building.