MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images

6th Boggs Mt hang, Nor Cal Apr 10-12 2015

Yep. You missed it.

Unless you were one of the 4 wise, timely, intelligent, and stunningly good-looking attendees.

We missed all the rest of you. Sad face.

I (again) didn't take a single photo. Sadder face.

Bananachunks, Novatoflyguy, kormi, and I talked a lot, admired each others' gear, decided to buy many things that we previously had no desire for, and all slept pretty well.

I loafed in my usual setup (WBBB, OES MacCat) during the day, but (because I had my elderly dog with me) slept in the back of the SUV at night, so the dog would not be too cold. She did fine. My hammock was not too lonely.

I hope that even blurry cellphone or tablet pictures make an appearance later in this thread.

The next Boggs Mountain Hang is planned for April 1-3 2016. I hope to see lots of Northern California people there for hang #7.
    -Liz -

Hammock
    11' Dutch Xenon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ 4S T/B
    Suspension
    MultiBuckle
    Had a fantastic time this weekend - BIG thanks to @E.A.Y. for setting this up! As well as to everyone else who went! I finally got a chance to try out my Typhoon doors (good thing, cuz Friday night was windy!) and was super snug both nights. My Esbit cookset is ordered, and I'm picking out my whoopie slings right now (thanks @kormi!). Now I just need some of that alcohol gel!

Didn't take but a few pics, but I did check out a pretty cool geocache that was nearby. It was a huge ant-hill!

image.jpg

IMG_20150410_155746.jpg

I'm definitely in for future Boggs hangs!

Hammock
    11' Dutch Xenon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ 4S T/B
    Suspension
    MultiBuckle
    Sitting around the fire there was mention of my zombie gnome and xmas stocking...

IMG_20150412_174619.jpg

IMG_20150412_180448.jpg

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY QUILT pads
    Suspension
    Web straps whoopie
    One thing that was pretty cool, was that everyone had a different hammock, tarp, bag or quilt, and suspension arrangements. Being new at hammocks, I found it interesting to see different equipment. Banana chunks had his tarp attached to the hammock suspension( that's the way he bought it), Kormi had his tarp in porch mode morning, noon, and night ( I will have to try that at night), and Liz slept in her truck ( I thought we were supposed to sleep in our hammocks-just kidding). Wonderful people to meet. Kormi had about 4 or 5 different stoves with him( Biolite stove is pretty cool) and Bananachunks used his alcohol stove. nice to see different gear that people used. Wish I could have stayed another night, but house duties called. Thanks to all who attended.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 1.6 DBL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly + Noah 12
    Insulation
    New River Long
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    First.... My thanks to E.A.Y, Great to meet you and thank you for organizing the Boggs Mtn. Hang. It was great to meet Bananachunks and Novatoflyguy. The camp ground was filled with plenty of trees to hang from. Area was clean and quiet. Occasional mtn. biker riding through or vehicle leaving the area. We had the area all to ourselves. Sat around the camp fire talking about many subjects...most of all Hammocks...what is going to be the next purchase. Most of you forum members said that I should get an 11 footer and see how that works.
    That may have to wait a while...learned Monday that I may be out of a job in a couple months... Unions don't like contractors to work for the gov. for 16 years. go figure.
    Got to know allot about my fellow hammockers... very nice people. I am VERY glad to be a part of these Forums...Thank you for having me.
    So.
    First night I still had some issues with my left leg / foot cramping and a cold streak running down my back...after talking to the group we came up with an idea...and it worked....for the most part. Second night much better sleep.
    Thank you all for the patient you showed for my boy Kaje... he is just a big loving puppy.
    Need to find someone that can make an idea we had to close off a wind pocket on my UQ. By the way... my gear performed fantastic.
    Hennessy 70D tarp, ENO DN, Whoopie Slings, New River Long UQ, BioLight stove, Esbit stove and the Atlas Straps.
    Count me in for next year.
    20150411_110641 (800x450).jpg 20150411_111024 (800x450).jpg 20150411_110916 (800x450).jpg 20150411_110741 (800x450).jpg

Hammock
    11' Dutch Xenon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ 4S T/B
    Suspension
    MultiBuckle
    Hate to hear about the possible job questionability - hope that it works itself out one way or another for you sooner rather than later. :/

Doggies are always welcome in my book. Both fur-members of our hang were great.

And all of the great toys, I mean gear, to be oggled! That BioLight stove was crazy awesome! The Hammer monopods are definitely on my list. I never had any interest in whoopies until I saw them in action - mine are on their way! And seeing the New River quelled any concern I had about its suspension. Even thinking about possibly separating the tarp and hammock.

I was hoping to get to fly the quadcopter more, but it was definitely too windy. I can crash just fine without the wind's help, thankyouverymuch.

My thermo measured 44 and 43 for Fri/Sat nights. 53 and 52 inside my netting.

Looking forward to the next hangs!

• + New Posts