Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Wbbb, Hennesy safari deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly, hh hex t
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbphillips19 View Post
    What Dutch would you recommend. Warbonnets are a little more expensive. Also are any dutch good for 2 people for at least a little bit. Not to sleep in for the night but to get cozy with?

Thanks,

I will purchase a dutch, just need to know what I would need in total.

Any of Dutches hammocks should be fine for you. If you want to try two people you might want to get a double layer. Dutches hammocks do not come with a suspention so when you add that in it is comparable to the Warbonnet traveller. Can't go wrong either way as far as quality goes. Watch the Shug videos (all the videos). The man packs a lot of knowledge in that whimsical Irish head of his.
    Last edited by Xdbass; 04-14-2015 at 21:29.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY hex cat
    Insulation
    Yeti/Alt Kelty SB
    I actually enjoy relaxing with a friend in a hammock. I hang on my college campus fairly frequently, and familiar faces tend to happen by and want to try it out too.It's a great way to get other people interested in hammocking. I've also spent hours in a hammock with a second person just to socialize or read and chill without discomfort. You hang facing each other, side by side. It really depends on what you want the hammock for I guess, although you definitely wouldn't want to sleep with someone else in one. As for the price, you could definitely make a DIY double for a lot cheaper than an ENO, and very little hassle.
    I suggest trying it out with a friend first before you decide, if you have the opportunity.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I will admit that I've never owned or tried out an ENO. I do however, own an imported hammock. Trek Light double. 10 feet long, 78 wide, and one of the most comfortable hammocks I've ever had. It was the first hammock I bought about 5 years ago, and I still own it. I switched out the stock suspension after I discovered HF and started learning about hammocks. I tried lots of different hammocks from different vendors, different fabrics, designs, and sizes. I always came back to the Trek Light. I recently acquired a used Hammock Netty 11 footer and it's the only other hammock I've tried that is as comfy as my trusty Trek Light. I now have two hammocks that I love and I'm done test driving.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    I now have two hammocks that I love and I'm done test driving.
    Wow, what fortitude. I think I have eight hammocks and am nowhere near stopping. I like to try different fabrics and there are so many options!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY hex cat
    Insulation
    Yeti/Alt Kelty SB
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Wow, what fortitude. I think I have eight hammocks and am nowhere near stopping. I like to try different fabrics and there are so many options!
    Wow, what zeal There really is so much ground to cover in terms of materials. And the great thing is that as time moves on, so does technology, and all the more to try. I'm a relative newbie to hammocking (only been hanging for about a year), and i'm constantly amazed at the fact that I've only scratched the surface. Every time i get on these forums I learn something new.

thanks for all info given. I plan on getting a hammock soon so this helps a lot. I never realized how easy it would be to make one either.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbirds
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/Bullfrg
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*Zeppelin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Also if you chose not to go with dutch a Byer of Maine can be a good route too depending on your height. I have had one over 6 years and it comes with a net for mosquitoes. I am 6'3" and push the limit of max height but I hear the new ones are built for taller people.
    Paul a.k.a. The Costco Kid

This is my Father's world, And to my listening ears
    All nature sings, and round me rings, The music of the spheres.
    This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought
    Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--His hand the wonders wrought.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Hi,

I'm a hammock newbie and looking to get into hammocking. Is an ENO hammock really worth spending $100 when you can buy some of the cheap knock offs from ebay for $20? Trying to get some opinions from people who have tried both or recommend any other! I'm looking to buy one that can hold 2 people around 150lbs each.

Thanks for the help!

Stephen
    Two people in a hammock is an unreasonable expectation, unless you liked the 12 year old mattress where both people keep rolling into each other. Just multiply that by five and you'll know what its like to be with another person in a hammock.As to ENO vs the $20 knock offs: they likely come from the same factory in China.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaulwall View Post
    Go with one of the hammocks dutch sells at Dutchwaregear.com. Under $40 and way better than my previous Eno DN.
    To be honest, Dutch's hammocks start at around $40, but then you add suspension, etc. The price comes out to around $100, but you get a much, much better quality hammock than ENO.

What Dutch would you recommend. Warbonnets are a little more expensive. Also are any dutch good for 2 people for at least a little bit. Not to sleep in for the night but to get cozy with?

Thanks,

I will purchase a dutch, just need to know what I would need in total.
    My recommendation would be the Half Wit hammock if you're doing overnight camping. I'd also recommend abandoning the whole "two people in a hammock" thing, unless you get one of the bridge hammocks specifically designed for two people.
    Last edited by sargevining; 06-29-2015 at 12:39.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler 1.1 Single
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I can second a warbonnet traveler. Even though it is more expensive then a dutch, it comes with whoopies already installed and with tree straps. If you are just getting into hammocks, it's a nice way to go, as you can just take it out of the box and start hanging. It also is great for backpacking if you go with the single layer, 1.1 oz fabric (10-11 oz total).

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    To be honest, Dutch's hammocks start at around $40, but then you add suspension, etc. The price comes out to around $100, but you get a much, much better quality hammock than ENO.
    True, but at the time of my writing Dutch hadn't adjusted his prices and hadn't come out with his new Half Wit hammock. The new prices are more in line with your post so I'm glad you brought it up to reflect the current reality. Almost any hammock (with a few more costly exceptions) will require the separate purchase of a suspension. That includes the ENO's, so comparatively speaking Dutch's hammocks are phenomenally priced! I've heard of a couple of new vendors offering all inclusive packages (hammock, suspension w/tree straps) recently at around $50-60 but they don't have the history/track record yet so I'd hesitate to recommend them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12