Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermalite Scout
    Suspension
    Webbing straps

Which under quilt is the right one for me? which is the right one for my region?

I'm in Central Alabama. Most of my hanging will be done between Central Alabama and Central TN in the fall and spring months. I'd like to be able to be comfortable down to 25-35 degrees at the coldest.
    I'm 6'2" tall with broad shoulders. I have poor circulation in my feet. I usually wear boot liners and wool socks until its over 50 degrees out and about.
    I'm currently hanging in a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC.

Looking for the right under quilt. Or do I need two different types of systems? Which would you pick? I have roughly $150 to spend on this.

Thanks.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    20 HG Set + 50 TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm in AL as well and have been researching under quilts for about a week or so. Thus far, I'm leaning towards an Incubator from HammockGear.com. The Incubator comes in three different lengths, so while I'm 72" tall and would get the normal length, you may want to get the long one. Since you say you get cold feet, you'll certainly want a full-length under quilt rather than a 3/4 length one. I'll likely get the 20 degree quilt, but may spring for the 0 degree one just so I'm not limited if I travel further north in the winter months.

The issue you'll run into is $$$. You can get by now without one since we're coming up on the warmer months of the year, which will give you more time to save up for the purchase. I hung the other night using an Army PT mat and was fine down to the low 50's at night. Quality under quilts seem to be expensive, but it's not something I think I should skimp on, so I'll just bite the bullet and pay for one that I'm sure will get the job done. Few things worse than not being able to sleep at night due to being too cold.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermalite Scout
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    Yep $$$ is always an issue, LOL.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Sounds like the Jarbidge synthetic TQ might be the only option in your price range.

http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...nderQuilt.html

I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain3278 View Post
    I'm in Central Alabama. Most of my hanging will be done between Central Alabama and Central TN in the fall and spring months. I'd like to be able to be comfortable down to 25-35 degrees at the coldest.
    I'm 6'2" tall with broad shoulders. I have poor circulation in my feet. I usually wear boot liners and wool socks until its over 50 degrees out and about.
    I'm currently hanging in a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC.

Looking for the right under quilt. Or do I need two different types of systems? Which would you pick? I have roughly $150 to spend on this.

Thanks.

That price point is tough. I would say, if you can, try and get another $100 together and do it right with a Hammock Gear Incubator (full length) 20°. You will not regret it.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Sounds like the Jarbidge synthetic TQ might be the only option in your price range.

Both my boys use these and they have been comfortable in the 20's

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post

I believe the above suggestion is your best bet. Price is a problem, lots of work and expense to build a down quilt so they are expensive. Synthetic is good and not as expensive to build or purchase. Plus it is tougher. I have both types of quilt.

Keeping Your Toes Warm: I have a fake fleece bag I shove my feet into when I am having problems with keeping my toes warm. When I used sleeping bags (they are always way longer than I am) I would wrap my feet in the end of the bag for extra warmth. Now I have a bag of very soft fake fur I stick my feet into, gets me warm and keeps me warm without feeling restrained. Another trick is heat something, hot water, is good, wrap it with something put that either on your stomach (up under your ribs) that fools your body into thinking it is warm all over. If you have poor circulation in your feet, be careful you do not burn yourself using something heated. I tried down booties, I did not like them for sleeping, my little foot sleeping bag is perfect for me, I have a round end on it so my feet have wiggle room, but retain heat.

Arrow Head Equipment has a nice line of under, and top quilts. The synthetic ones are pretty reasonable on price as well as weight. I have the new river long and it works for me. I can even get it to compact down to the size of a volleyball.

The Warbonnet Yeti is designed for the Blackbird. That's the one I'd get.

• + New Posts