Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps

Any favorite hanging places in Vermont?

Now that sugaring season is over it's time to move onto my new addiction. Hammock hanging. Does any one have any favorite spots in Vermont? We've been hanging in our 21 acres now for awhile and the 13 year old wants to expand our horizons. We're going to do some of the Long Train this summer first but everything else will be campgrounds for the wife. Can't get her out of a tent. Must be that big blow up comfy mattress. Anybody know how Vt State parks feel about hammock camping?
    Thanks in advance.

Al

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    I don't know about state parks but I sure love Bourne Pond and Stratton pond in the green Mountains.

If you also just wanted to hang come to NEHHA Spring swing In Ashby MA may 15-17th. The details are in the Northeast Trip planning.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Silpoly Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Mamba/Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Just be aware trails are closed until Memorial Day for mud season.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well, and not for nothin', but, I've enjoyed (Loved!) hanging all over Rutland, VT, and environs! Riverside woodlands? They got it! Way-off woods? They got it! Power company public access grants? They got it! I tell ya, I found it by roaming the region when I was new here, and I found it attractive, easy and safe! Been a favorite getaway area of mine, ever since, and I don't mind sharing. Never paid for parking, access, overnighting, or nothing! Never had hot hassles or hard questions, and never had anyone sticker, ticket, or tow my Sube. Crazy easy wildlife encounters, if that's what you like, and plenty of nice folks everywhere. I reckon ANYwhere in Vermont (20minutes out of town) is a ready-made "favorite" hanging place! Sorta like asking for where to find sand in Saudi Arabia, or water in the Pacific. With all due respect. You're spoiled for (wonderful) choice, up there, if I may express one man's opinion.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Oh absolutely!!! An hour out my door and I can hang. Just looking for spots that other people have done and liked. We live on 21 acres in the country. My boy is out working on another hang spot with a view on our own place. No worries about strangers, strange vehicles. A beautiful place to grow up.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well, I stand by my recommendation of Rutland et al. Just a simple matter of getting to and following the river, 'til ya see what tickles ya. Is Fairfield anywise convenient to Rutland? -- Looks a sweet place you're on, to live AND raise a sane & healthy boy! -- So, there's my confident stamp. Worth checking, I'll wager.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    A couple of hours. I have relatives I visit in Ludlow not to far from Rutland. We're both hanging tonight a little later. Yep raised two boys here and nether one of them want to leave just yet. Must be the free food.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    A couple of hours. I have relatives I visit in Ludlow not to far from Rutland. We're both hanging tonight a little later. Yep raised two boys here and nether one of them want to leave just yet. Must be the free food.
    Maybe the food. Or, maybe they seen too much already of the wider world, and know they're in a good place? Anyway, I hope that night's hang was great for the both of you. Lemme know if you ever hang Rutland, and if you think it's worth the recommendation. Might be, to a native son such as yourself, that it's no special thing...

Hi . I spend a lot of time in southern Vermont . Kelly stand , Summerset , Woodford , etc .I love brook trout tenkara fly fishing . I am new to hammock s , but plane on doing a lot of overnights with one this year . I am recovering from cancer and heart problems am trying to fish ,hunt , and hike my way back to health . Headed to Maryland for a week of turkey hunting , but plane on starting the hammock camping as soon as I get back . Hiking and camping Mt. brooks and float tube ing ponds . Vermont has federal and state land from south to north . Lots of great country .

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!

• + New Posts