Dutch NylonD 11ft
    Tarp
    Supa fly ;)
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Question The lowest you've brought your JRB Stealth down to

For anyone who owns a JRB Stealth what is the lowest you've brought it down to, was it enough to be comfortably warm? Are you a warm or a cold sleeper? I'm curious because I have a stealth and am tired of my RAB down sleeping bag taking up so much room in my OHM 2.0. I ask also because its hovering right around the low 40's here at night. Thanks for you're inputs

Hammock
    Simply Light Design 10' netless
    Tarp
    WiL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE apex quilts
    Suspension
    Muletape
    I've been a JRB Stealth user for several years and pretty consistently it takes me comfortably warm to about 40 degrees. I am a warm sleeper and don't normally have to layer up at that limit. I may have to layer up with my light 100 weight fleece etc to enter the mid to upper 30's and still be toasty warm and not slightly "coolish" LOL whatever that means.
    http://www.stc-hike.org/ Susquehannock Trail Club web site - PA STS trail info

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11ft
    Tarp
    Supa fly ;)
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks! I am a warm sleeper as well so I might give this a try this weekend and see how it works out. I just wanted to get someone else's experience before I got too chilly.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    There are a lot of other factors besides the ambient tempvwhich will determine whether it is enough for you.

I suggest to everyone they test their own gear combinations in multiple conditions over time to learn howceach piece complements others and the pros/cons of each in the varying conditions. I could tell you I was plenty warm in my stealth at 30*F, but the other gear, other factors play such a significant role that my experience doesnt help others.
    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service
    My Trail log: http://ducttapeadk.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11ft
    Tarp
    Supa fly ;)
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yeah, makes sense. Everyone's experience with essentially every thing will be different. But I just wanted to see a baseline from other people's experience and kind of go from there.

FWIW,

I've got a Shenandoah, which is the same fill weight/ temp rating, and have been perfectly warm down to 40-42 degrees. I feel I could easily stay comfortable to the low 30's if needed by just wearing more to sleep. Much cooler then that I would just opt for my Hudson river and deal with the tiny weight/space difference. I do enjoy the thin, blanket like feel of the 40-45 degree quilts though.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I use a 40/20 TQ UQ set up, with the JRB Stealth.

I managed to bottom out around 16 degrees, wearing med base layers, socks, and a fleece hood. I sleep well at cool temps, but I wasn't cold a those temps, just haven't had the chance to go any lower.

Bottom insulation dictates comfort more so than Top, but I'd expect most people to be able to go to 30 or so with out experiencing problems, with that set up.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Simply Light Design 10' netless
    Tarp
    WiL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE apex quilts
    Suspension
    Muletape
    Rolloff Wow 16 degrees and med base layers. Not bad at all. I did some trail work over the weekend and figured I'd take the Stealth along. Forcast 40 for night low. At 40 degrees when I went to bed I did not have to layer up at all, toasty warm. When it dipped to 34° by 3 AM I put on the light fleece jacket and was fine. But no 16° to deal with
    http://www.stc-hike.org/ Susquehannock Trail Club web site - PA STS trail info

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I've hit freezing in mine with a light base layer. I'm middle of the road between hot/cold sleeping. The difference for me is I carry my zero degree phincubator almost always so makes the temps more manageable for me. I do have a 20 degree burrow but have barely used it.
    Brady

• + New Posts