dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

waterproofing a hammock for travel?

Hey guys been playing around with my kit a while now doing some fine tuning and while doing so I've been trying to waterproof all my gear while hiking.
    So I'm just curious at what methods you guys use for waterproofing you're hammock while in the pack.
    things you use or have tried or just new ideas or even if you water proof you're hammock while carrying it at all. Feel free to post!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Are you talking about keeping it dry? Never really needed more than a pack cover to keep the gear in my pack dry. If I was expecting prolonged rain I'd use a pack liner in addition to the pack cover. On canoe trips I use a roll top dry bag for everything.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I hope you mean a dry bag, not a waterproof hammock, which would not breathe very well.

I am much more concerned with my quilts, which go in cuben dry bags. The hammock just goes inside the trash compactor bag liner of my pack.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    The poor stuff sack for my hennessy finally let go after almost 10 years of use. I replaced it with a small coated drybag from Walmart. About every hiking friend of mine has the same set (small blue, medium orange, large green). The large one fit my hennessy fine and it would have probably squeezed into the orange.

Good luck.

Hammock
    Argon/HyperD
    Tarp
    Hex Silnylon
    Insulation
    Argon + Down
    Suspension
    DutchBling Woopie
    If you're going into a wet area and don't think your pack cover is going to do a good job, use a trash compactor bag on the inside. If you can trust that, get a dry sack.

But personally, I'm more worried about my quilts. A hammock I can squeeze dry and deal with it, quilts die.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Yah I have went a long time backpacking with leaving my hammock I guess unprotected from water while hiking it defiently wouldn't be the worst piece of gear to get wet although after I got to thinking about it more I still wouldn't Wana sleep in a wet hammock rofl so made that a goal also to have it waterproofed as well (not the hammock it's self but put in something to keep water out while hiking) I think what I'm gana try for now is one of those ziplock freezer bag things for a while.
    I have went the way of pack liners, pack covers and also leaving both of those at the house and just putting everything in waterproof bags but I'm gana be trying out the pack liner system again I don't mind if my pack gets wet although it would add weight.
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    pack liners are much better not only for the waterproofing as a whole - but also in good pack loading - if everythings rammed into stuff sacks/drybags then they are hard lumpy soldin objects that when put in with other gear leave lots of air gaps and therefore a much larger overall pack size is needed. im not saying that everythin within the packliner should be free - zip-locks/ sepearate bags for clothing or food.

my current 3 day pack is a 35 litre - although im just struggling with food volumes atm - wish id bought a 45.

Images
    i use a contractor trash bag to line pack. i have a stuff sack for clothes and one for clothes (which doubles as pillow). i wear a packa to keep outside dry.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

• + New Posts