Had not planned to camp this weekend, but an opportunity presented itself, and I jumped on it. Was planning to do a little backpacking and try out a trail I had never been on. The Conecuh Trail in the Conecuh National Forest is supposed to be about 25 miles or so. I did not have a map, and thought I would be able to grab one locally at the park, but no luck on a Saturday afternoon. Ended up jut spending the night in the campground, which was quite nice. I camped down on the far end away from the RV folks, so really had it to myself in the spot I chose. Had a pretty rough storm blow up right after I got there, so I decided to break my stuff back down rather than risk it.

Rest of the night was beautiful. Listening to the music of the frogs all night was wonderful. Thought I would have a nice long hike on Sunday, but I only found the Lakeshore trail, which was about 2 miles. It was a nice walk though. I have since found a map online, and see where the connector trails come in. I will be going back to hike more.

Overall, a great night out. Got to sample a few new (to me) Packit Gourmet meals and enjoy a walk in the piney woods!!!