Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm still sleeping in my hammock and, other than last night, I sleep like the proverbial baby. It's amazing. I'm definitely a convert.

NOT sure I'm ready to get rid of the bed, but I definitely intend to continue hanging above it for the foreseeable future.

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    I'm still working on Mrs Webhanger but the Webhanger monkeys abandoned the racks and have discovered space to create and play in their rooms. At least when I can get them out of their hammocks long enough to unstring them. None of them want to go back.
    Mind over matter,
    if you don't mind, it don't matter

Hammock
    WBBB XLC multicam
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20deg
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    sounds like you're definitely enjoying the hang instead of the bed.

drilling a couple new holes isn't as bad as it sounds - you could patch the old holes up in about 10 minutes with some filler and paint and a scrap of sand paper.

since it seems like this will be a more long-term thing though, I'd definitely break out one of the hammock calculators (such as the one here http://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/) and measure how high above the bed you want (probably 12-18 inches) and go from there. if you needed longer suspension, you could go a bit crossways (corner to corner in the room) and still center the hammock over the bed.

that way - if you needed the bed, you could just unhook your hammock suspension and the bed is still there

in any case, really not that bad drilling another set of holes - especially if you're liking the arrangement!

I rather like this design for a suspension. As a shelf it looks correct for and in a bedroom...not like a half assed piece of lumber screwed to the wall.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.image.jpg

First night with a storm. I'm in north Texas, and you all probably saw it on the news. Our storms can be particularly intense.

Usually I sleep lightly and wake up every time a raindrop hits the roof. I won't even mention thunder or lightning.

I slept through the night! I mean, right through...like I stayed asleep. And woke up pain free, too. Even my best nights of sleep are always affected by the weather,nas are my aches and pains. Yet this morning I'm reasonably rested and pain free. That never happens.

I think I am about to shift from convert to evangelist.

Okay. Thanks to my FitBit, I now have conclusive data that I sleep well in my hammock. Way better, in fact. Much improved.

I'm definitely a convert.

Time to reevaluate the bedroom furniture, long term.

Tp69GV5.png

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Digi
    Insulation
    HG top/btm 20.
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I've been wanting to do this for a long long time, I may just bite the bullet and convert myself. I have back problems and memory foam, independent springs, nor water bed make a bit of difference. I always sleep better hiking than at home so it may be time to just get it done.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... Philippians 4:13

Hammock
    DH Night Hawk
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Doors
    Insulation
    HG 0F Incubator
    Suspension
    15'+12' Becket
    I'm glad to hear you've had success with hammocking indoors. I've been doing it since about 2007, and have never had a need for a bed underneath me.

A couple months ago I got the bright idea to sign up for a swing dancing class. I paid about 50 USD for a chain of intro lessons, went to the first one, and found myself not wanting to attend any more. So I just didn't.

Do you see yourself *ever* wanting to go back to sleeping in a bed? If not, ditch it. One of the great things about a hammock in the bedroom is that the bed no longer dominates the room.

It does, however, sound like you may want to install a structural ridgeline for your hammock. Doing so should help avoid the "it's strung too tight!" problem you seem to be having.

For indoor use (and heck, outdoor use too) I recommend using some webbing attached to the hammock's continuous loop with a slippery sheet bend.

Living in the northern US, I use an underquilt even at home. In exceptionally hot weather I remove or displace it, but most of the time (like now) I'm using it.

Speaking of now, my daughter once told me that she liked hammocks, but there was a problem with them: "You never want to get out of it." For my part, I have my computer attached to a 47" TV, wireless keyboard and mouse, and my hammock in my bedroom. I'm typing this message from such a cockpit.
    "This is the greatest wisdom—to seek the kingdom of heaven through contempt of the world." - Thomas à Kempis

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123