My wife has been wanting to hang next to me for a while now. So, this past weekend we used the double hammock whoppie hooks for the first time. My wife loved it, I'm still undecided mainly because I haven't mastered the setup yet.

With a 36" spreader bar and a nice fat tree at the foot there was no bumping each other. That's not to say that you can't feel the other person moving. It almost seems like if one person moves the other feels it. That being said, both of us slept great. It was mainly annoying while getting settled for the night. If one person gets out the other hammock will drop a little. I've only had it set up this once, but the drop was only a couple inches.

I'm not sure if my tarp will have enough coverage in the rain or not. Has anyone had a rig like this out in the rain yet? I have a 11' with doors. It was windy for a while and I was able to block most of the wind. I'm not too worried about the foot end, but I'm not sure what will happen at the head end if there is much wind blown rain, or rain on the spreader bar. The hammock on the windward side would be plenty protected, but I'm concerned about how open the leeward side hammock looks. I'm wondering it I'll need a bigger tarp or only use this when there's no rain in the forecast. Anyone have thoughts on this?

2015-04-26 06.17.13.jpg2015-04-26 08.00.21.jpg2015-04-26 08.01.24.jpg

Here are a couple of other pics from the hang.

2015-04-26 08.00.06.jpg2015-04-26 06.16.25.jpg