Warbonnet 1.7, HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WS with Toggles

SS with Wiggys UQ Kinda?

I was fooling around today and thoiught I'd try the Garlington UQ system with my Wiggys poncho liner. I put it all together and it worked pretty well. Easy on and off but kind of a PITA to hold the cord as I got in, pull it tight and fasten to ridge. Then reverse process to get out. It went well but I thought I'd try the Wiggys inside the SSUC and I think I found my system.

I slid the Wiggys under the OC pad and SB. I attached about a foot of cord to the corners of the poncho liner at the head a foot. Put a prussics on the main line (on the tree side of the stock prussic/hook that the OC pad and UC are attached to) at either end of the hammock. Fed the cord through the UC and OC and attached it with a beener to the prussics.

Then I attached some soft links with beeners at two points on one side of the Wiggys. Pulled the soft links (cord) over the ridge and attached them to the opposite tie offs on the other side of the liner. I made these soft links out of cord with barrell knots so they are somewhat adjustable. This keeps the poncho liner spread out under the hammock.

And that's about it. It's a little tighter getting in but certainly doable. I slacked the tension on the OC pad and UC so they wouldn't compress the Wiggys. There seems to be plenty of room in there; in fact there seems to be a little air space between the liner and the pad. Tough to tell whem I'm in it.

I hope this will get me into the teens and lower with cloths, etc. Let it Rip. What am I missing? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I can't figure out how to post more than 1 pic at a time so more to follow.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WS with Toggles
    Here's the side shot with the 2 soft links over the ridge. I'd like to do one more at the head of the hammock but I'd have to add another tie out on the Wiggys.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WS with Toggles
    Here's a shot looking down into the SS. I know it's not super clear but from left to right: HH hammock, SB, OC pad, Wiggeys, SSUC.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WS with Toggles
    And finally, a side shot from the head of the hammock.

The tie outs at the head and foot (that go through the small ends of the OC and UC) attached to the main line with prussics hold the liner in place and are easily adjusted at the main line. I didn't use the HH supplied prussic/hooks because I wanted the ability to adjust the OC pad and UC seperate of the liner in case I needed extra insulation under OC pad.

I've got some more shots in my gallery. Any comments?

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I've put my Wiggy's inside my SS UC before. I thought it was a little heavy for the SS UC suspension. Your way is good!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Images
    Check it with some one inside, and make sure all is adjusted so that all insulation is just in contact with your back. Avoid the gaps if possible. Should work pretty good.

• + New Posts