Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Podcast

Hammock
    Wbbb, chameleon, Darian
    Tarp
    Dutch tarp,minifly
    Insulation
    Jacks
    If you decide to do it Shug I would help in any way I can if you want the help.
    We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Probably is a way to do a poll, if you figure it out count me in...........

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Are Hangouts live? I'd rather pre-record and interview other backpackers and such.
    Still may just do it.
    Shug
    Yeah, initially they are live. You may be able to make a recorded version available on YouTube after but I'm not certain on that.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Are Hangouts live? I'd rather pre-record and interview other backpackers and such.
    Still may just do it.
    Shug

You can do private hangouts and it can be recorded to Youtube. I don't think you can really do much editing though with it...not dug in to deep. I have done several Arrowhead Equipment gear hangouts to chat about what we do. Been a while since I have been able to find the time to make one happen....though I might have a free night later this week.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    Here's info from the Hangouts FAQ:

After the Hangout On Air
    What happens to the video after the broadcast ends?
    The recording will be available on your Hangout On Air Event page and on your YouTube channel. You'll also be able to edit the recording when the Hangout On Air is over which will automatically update your post (and the video URL) to show the edited version.
    When you're ready, visit your YouTube Video Manager to edit your video.

How can I edit or download my video?
    To make changes to your video, try YouTube's video editor.
    For videos longer than two hours, you'll need to download, edit, and then upload the videos again to your YouTube channel. Learn more about how to download your video.

So, you could invite a couple of guests and use the Hangout software to do the remote feed switching extra. The fun of Hangouts however is live audience participation and ability to ask questions live.

So say you have Shug, Paul, and Dutch as guests. Someone acts as moderator and interviews them or fields the questions. And they answer like a round table except you're all at your own tables!!

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    FWIW I like the idea. Below are some random thoughts.

Based on some other podcasts I check, monthly makes a lot more sense than weekly. Subject matter will last longer. It seems reasonable to set up a panel show with audience participation via chat room. That opens up a lot of possibilities. Take a look at www.amateurlogic.tv recent episodes and you will see two guys in Alabama and one in Australia doing the show with chat room. I think they are using Skype but could be wrong. I also believe their setup is a lot less complex than what TWiT uses. If I was setting something up I would contact George and ask for advice. It would make a good show segment for him. He has posted bits about lighting and his new studio in the past. He also seems interested in sharing knowledge.

Another show you might want to check is Chat With The Designers:

www.cwtd.org

They do guest and live audience participation. I am not sure I would go there as they also have audience control issues at times in a group of folks used to communications. The software they use would be the draw for this thread.

If there are 3 people as the core with a couple of drop in's I think the show has a better chance than just one or two people. That gives folks time off as they need it. Life has a way of intruding. ;-)

If anyone wants an uncut view go to TWiT about 8:45 Eastern time on a Wednesday and watch live. They set up Hamnation live so the whole show can be seen warts and all before they clean it up. They rotate around 6 or 7 regulars via skype with a 4 channel mixer and control operator who drops one person to bring in another in the background. More than I think you would want but a shot at what is possible.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    TWiT streams the recording of most if not all of their shows at various times then they play previously recorded stuff when no shows are being recorded. The live stream is actually quite entertaining at times., especially before MacBreak Weekly and TWiT. They have an expensive set up with Tricasters and Skype. Hangouts is the poor mans set up. Just takes webcams and headphones for the broadcasters. A decent mic would help.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'd still go mic and recorder. Do interviews by phone. Or guest comes here. Or I go there. Or on a backpacking trip. Good mics. No video. Put it out as podcast and let folks comment. Would do solo thoughts from my studio or on the road from hotels. Easier than video on the road.
    I tire of video production at times as it can be a load and you have to perform physically. At least I feel that way. Audio is a sit-and-chat. Do an edit and sweeten audio mix. Boom.
    ShugCast
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I'd still go mic and recorder. Do interviews by phone. Or guest comes here. Or I go there. Or on a backpacking trip. Good mics. No video. Put it out as podcast and let folks comment. Would do solo thoughts from my studio or on the road from hotels. Easier than video on the road.
    I tire of video production at times as it can be a load and you have to perform physically. At least I feel that way. Audio is a sit-and-chat. Do an edit and sweeten audio mix. Boom.
    ShugCast
    Check out:

thetrailshow.com

;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    ShugCast
    You throw some of that sweet Shug music in there and I might listen!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast