Im ready to begin investing in a TQ/UQ setup and leave my bulkier sleeping bag and pad at home. I dont have the money to invest in both a TQ and UQ right away tho, so I was thinking of starting with something more multifunctional.

I saw someone in the marketplace selling a JRB TQ that was modified with 2 additional loops at the bottom corners in order to allow the quilt to be used as an UQ via the JRB suspension system (similarly to their multifunction quilts) which got me thinking I might want to do something similar. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with how well these modified TQs work in comparison to the MFQs or the normal UQs.

The only differences are really that the JRB TQs have a head slit for poncho use and larger dimensions: TQs are 52" wide on the top half, the lower half tapers down to a width of 48" at the bottom, while the MFQs and TQs have a width of 48" top to bottom.

Would that tapered cut cause the quilt to fit less tightly against the hammock?

I was initially attracted to the added feature of the poncho use of the Sierra Stealth, the larger size, as well as the black color, but I realize that it wouldnt be worth the upgrade/change from a MFQ if it didnt work as well as an UQ too.

Thanks in advance from this first time poster