Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    I agree with the comments defending HG. I had great customer service when I ordered my UQ. I changed the fabric at the last minute and they had no problem accommodating my request.
    Sometimes it is worth a second call or email in case the first was missed. Sorry your first experience was not what you wanted. Also sorry your first post was one of a complaint.
    There are always 2 sides to a story. Most often the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

BTW I would be happy about the free over stuffing rather than complaining. If I wasn't happy like someone else suggested make a hole and remove some down.
    Last edited by rais'n hammock; 05-07-2015 at 07:46.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Adam and Jenny are awesome people with supper big hearts and will not do you wrong. I have spent thousands with them since day one. All orders where custom jobs never had a problem. They are slammed this time of year, so I would not personally expect a quick response. Remember they are a very small business with few employees. They do everything sew, orders, ship, paperwork, taxes, customer service, etc. so give them a little wiggle room. I would rather have them working on my order than sitting on the computer all day answering emails. Honestly I don't think they sleep. I have gotten emails stamped at 1 am that read (Just finish your quilt and shipping out tomorrow.) Do not be afraid to call Adam will always talk to you.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    I just saw this thread. We've been keeping on top of emails, so if any are missed, PLEASE PM me... As for phone calls, we do try to catch all of them, and we're working on it, even training someone else to take more calls, so we're getting there, folks. I am truly sorry for any communication we have missed. It's been a big improvement since last year, and we're still building that side of the company. I completely understand if some folks decide to go elsewhere for gear, and I would not blame them. I just want to clarify that no one is "ignored" intentionally. Emailing is the best way to get a hold of us, and if you do not receive a response within a day or two, there's a good chance our filter threw it out. It doesn't happen often, and we're tweaking it endlessly to make sure no one gets filtered out.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    I just saw this thread. We've been keeping on top of emails, so if any are missed, PLEASE PM me... As for phone calls, we do try to catch all of them, and we're working on it, even training someone else to take more calls, so we're getting there, folks. I am truly sorry for any communication we have missed. It's been a big improvement since last year, and we're still building that side of the company. I completely understand if some folks decide to go elsewhere for gear, and I would not blame them. I just want to clarify that no one is "ignored" intentionally. Emailing is the best way to get a hold of us, and if you do not receive a response within a day or two, there's a good chance our filter threw it out. It doesn't happen often, and we're tweaking it endlessly to make sure no one gets filtered out.
    Like we all said, it was not forgotten. Maybe spammed, but not forgotten. I would not underestimate the ability to make contact with any of our vendors. We are all protective of them because we have the ability to deal with them directly. Sending a pm thru hf will also work quickly.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    We have been receiving complaints of lack of communication within the customer service emails. We were very puzzled, since we have been on top of emails, and Harry is actually fielding 80% of the calls and emails, so we could beef up our customer services. After digging around, we have discovered what has been happening to most folks who have been frustrated with us, including those who started the threads of complaints.. A few months ago, we began streamlining our emails to go through a better email system with "[email protected]". This means we needed to set up our now defunct "[email protected]" to forward all the emails to "[email protected]". It was working seamlessly for the longest time. I even checked the old email address daily for over a month to make sure it was forwarding smoothly. We changed all of our website email address to reflect the new email address, as well. In the search to find out why folks were not getting their emails returned, we discovered them in the defunct email address, but they were never forwarded to the new one.

Currently, we show that the forwarding is still working, but we cannot find a pattern to why some get forwarded and some do not. As a result, I will be setting up an automatic reply from "[email protected] to request that folks who do not receive a reply within 12-24 hours to please resend it to "[email protected]". This should help take care of the problem.

I am so sorry to those who have lost trust in our service. I do apologize, and while I know this is part of the growing pains of an expanding business, your frustrations were justified. Please let me know if your email has been missed, and we'll make it right.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Folks, keep in mind that this forum is a viable method of communication as well. I would not rely on the communication system of small business websites. I wouldn't rely on voice mail's either - numbers get taken down wrong, etc. Might not be ignoring you, but just don't have the correct info to get back to you. Emails can go to SPAM. Chances are someone here can help you make contact.

So come here and ask questions first before complaining. Will help prevent red face. -->>>
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    DH MultiCam Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    HG Camo CF w/Doors
    Insulation
    Mucho Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I've bought a lot of items from HG over the last few years and while one or two emails may have slipped through the crack in that time, I've never felt as if they're lacking in the customer service department. If you don't hear back from them within a day, try another method of contact.

Hammock
    DYI 11 Hexon,1.9camo,Argon1.6,12'XL
    Tarp
    Sil Poly,Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Maybe I'm out of line, I don't know. Haven't we about wore this thread out. I've never bought anything from them, so I don't have a dog in the fight. From the reports on this forum they seem like good people. I certainly may buy some of their products should the want or need arise.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Just two weeks ago I got a call from a cottage vendor (not HG) about an item I purchased. The vendor left me a voicemail and said they were responding to my voicemail I had left for them about the problems I was having with my item. But, I wasn't having any problems and hadn't ever called them.

Turned out someone left them a voicemail that wasn't clear and breaking up. So the vendor, trying to figure out how to get back to them, looked back at their sales record at who else had bought the same item, and had a name similar to what they thought they head heard on the message. That turned out to be me, but unfortunately I wasn't the correct person.

I did call them back and let them know they had the wrong person, but whether they were ever able to track down the initial caller, I don't know.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Check their other thread for explanation. Locking thread.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234