Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.9/1.1 CAMO
    Tarp
    Superfly CAMO
    Insulation
    YETI CAMO

Anyone know if hammock gear is still in business?

I have pm'ed stormcrow 2 or 3 times here since last Thanksgiving, most recently 2 weeks ago. No response. I called the shop sometime around Thanksgiving, no answer, left message. No response. So, my question is, how do you order something from someone who doesn't return pm's or calls? Maybe something has happened that I am not aware of. If so, please let me know. Is there someone else I should try to contact from HG? Thanks Heisenberg

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 dl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    L.L Ghost Pepper
    Suspension
    Slings/Dutch Bckl
    Images
    It's more than likely just due to the work load of this time of year, even Warbonnet has currently stopped taking orders for the next few weeks until they catch up with the demand. I've heard nothing but great things about Hammock Gear, and their customer service. This is purely speculation after all, but i'm sure he will get back to you as soon as he can.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Yes they are open for business.

Call them in the morning.
    Contact them via their website.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    20 HG Set + 50 TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I purchased a TQ and UQ from them last month and received it quite quickly. I sent my UQ to them last week to get something added to it and got it back today. So yes, they're certainly still in business and I'd highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I have pm'ed stormcrow 2 or 3 times here since last Thanksgiving, most recently 2 weeks ago. No response. I called the shop sometime around Thanksgiving, no answer, left message. No response. So, my question is, how do you order something from someone who doesn't return pm's or calls? Maybe something has happened that I am not aware of. If so, please let me know. Is there someone else I should try to contact from HG? Thanks Heisenberg
    I e-mailed their sales e-mail address a couple days ago. They responded a few hours later at around 5AM. In fact they made sure to ship my custom order out that day, a lot quicker than I was expecting.

So I haven't tried calling them or PM'ing them, but I know they put my package in the mail very quickly.

Images
    Well heck, if they won't answer you go somewhere else. There's plenty of other great vendors here that will respond right away.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    please check your spam folder in your emails.......
    also call them
    and email
    and pm thorwren on here

in the emails add your hammockforum user name so they can always pm you on here.

ioriginally had diffuclty ordering a custom job via the website but called (from here in Britian) and then everything was done promptly - i backed up the call with an email and a pm and had no further issues with communication.

i am aware that their email system has a very rugged spam filter and does catch false positives sometimes - hence why calling is the prefered option.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Hi, folks. The last time someone posted a thread about this, we discovered that their emails never reached our system. We have had those folks just PM me on here for customer service. We're up to two people answering calls, but on some days, they get a bit overwhelmed. My apologies for that, but please, PM me on here with your name and email address to see my search comes up. We have been consistent with emails, so my inclination is to think this is a dropped or filtered email. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

I have communicated with Hammock Gear a couple times over the past few months. I personally never had a problem getting in touch. I think I spoke to the owner on the phone. He was a super friendly guy. He spent a good amount of time chatting with me and offered lots of good advice. That's just my experience. I was impressed.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    HG is good to go.

Sorry about your rough experience. My advice is to try again and PM Thorwren.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast