Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raos View Post
    How will the new 10.5 hammock work with your 10' bug net?
    Not really. I will be coming out with a 10.5 bugnet or the 11 footer works well.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I have every single hammock fabric on that page except Grey ARGON. I am pretty much out of that fabric so I didn't include it.
    Yeah, I see that, sorry Dutch! I've been steered toward Argon. I can wait if you plan on getting more in. Or maybe I could be talked into black. I'm not a camo guy so that's out.

Is Argon not available in a wider range of colors from your source? Just curious.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I can get any color I like I need to order soon as all the colors are running low. I did notice how that black Shug t-shirt was very slimming on you, grey really isn't your color at all. Black is the 50th shade of grey. Just sayin'
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    That's a very disappointing $10, or 25% upcharge, for an additional 6 inches of fabric to go from 10.5 to 11 ft. I don't really understand that. Not what I would call a small upcharge.

I also don't understand the rationale or explanation for it. People couldn't tell the difference? Blindfold me and stick a cooked earthworm in my mouth and I might not be able to tell the earthworm from filet mignon, but I definitely wanted filet mignon.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 05-07-2015 at 20:31.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    I can get any color I like I need to order soon as all the colors are running low. I did notice how that black Shug t-shirt was very slimming on you, grey really isn't your color at all. Black is the 50th shade of grey. Just sayin'
    Lol! SOLD! Too funny.

I'll be asking does this hammock make me look fat?

So, Dutch... I've been pondering, would it be possible to request a hammock with one side PolyD and one side argon? I was thinking about colors, but it might be nice to be able to reverse and try each option against your skin. I can understand if this opens a can of worms you'd rather not address!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    That's a very disappointing $10, or 25% upcharge, for an additional 6 inches of fabric to go from 10.5 to 11 ft. I don't really understand that.
    I hear you SS but I am really trying to encourage the same dimension and it isn't to get the upcharge. See I am offering 3 different materials, each with 4 different colors and more to come. And that is just today as I am about to release more styles of hammock. Now in order to keep the price down and my delivery times reasonable I have to stock hammocks. So with just my current line up I needed 24 different hammocks and a stock level of at least 10 hammock per color/material. So that is 240 hammocks that I have to keep on hand just to get through the weekend. Even at that I was constantly running out of some colors. There are companies such as Hammeck that will build you exactly what you want one at a time. It is a great business model but mine is to have the item made and sitting on a shelf. To provide an affordable product with lightning fast shipping. Now lets say I added an insulated hammock to the mix in all three fabrics and all 12 colors and then two different lengths. Now we are up to 480 hammocks that need to be stocked. Now lets add a zippered bugnet hammock. Now we are up to 720 hammocks I have to stock. Lets add one with a top cover with all three fabrics and 12 different color plus 2 different sizes. Now make accessories for two sizes with fronkeys, socks, and ridgelines. In order to move foreword and expand my product liner I have to standardize or all my hammocks would be going up $10 and my delivery times would be going up.

Most of all, try a 10.5 foot hammock. Do a blind hammock test the next time we are at a hang. You really are not going to miss the 3 inches on each side. And if you absolutely need another 3 inches on each side that you can't live with out it. Let me know and I will pay the $10 for you.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ccolclou View Post
    So, Dutch... I've been pondering, would it be possible to request a hammock with one side PolyD and one side argon? I was thinking about colors, but it might be nice to be able to reverse and try each option against your skin. I can understand if this opens a can of worms you'd rather not address!
    I do have a double layer NylonD 1.0 Grey and Blue hammock offered. I hope to be adding more like that. For custom work, get a hold of me and I will figure out how to do it but it takes a little longer.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG 20 Inc/Burrow
    Images
    MI am changing the way I am retailing the PolyD, NylonD, and ARGON netless hammocks. I had people lay in a 10 foot hammock and an 11 foot hammock. Most people said they could tell the difference. Then I had people lay in a 10 and an 10.5 foot hammock along with an 11 foot hammock and a 10.5 foot hammock. In both of those cases no one could tell me the difference. This tells me that 10.5 foot hammock is ideal in terms of weight, comfort and being able to tarp it. I am going to make 10.5 foot hammocks my stock length for all my netless hammocks. I also am putting them all on the same page and added an option for a ridgeline. The average price per hammock actually went down. You also still get a reduced price on two quality suspensions. "So Dutch, what if I still want a 10 or an 11 foot hammock?" I'm glad you asked that because we are still making that an option but for a small upcharge and there is up to a 3 day wait before it will ship.

http://www.dutchwaregear.com/netless-hammocks.html

Attachment 108249
    You know the sad thing is that I bought an 11' NylonD hammock from you last week after ruminating about it for months, and I really debated with myself about asking you to make it a 10.5 for me so it would be easier to use with my Handy Hammock struts than all my other 11'ers. I know you bend over backwards to help people out and likely would have custom made it for me if I asked, but I felt bad asking and disrupting your normal routine. So I didn't.

A week later it becomes the standard. That's some unlucky timing on my part. It isn't a big enough deal to swap it out, so don't even worry about offering that. Just funny timing is all.

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I hear you SS but I am really trying to encourage the same dimension and it isn't to get the upcharge. See I am offering 3 different materials, each with 4 different colors and more to come. And that is just today as I am about to release more styles of hammock. Now in order to keep the price down and my delivery times reasonable I have to stock hammocks. So with just my current line up I needed 24 different hammocks and a stock level of at least 10 hammock per color/material. So that is 240 hammocks that I have to keep on hand just to get through the weekend. Even at that I was constantly running out of some colors. There are companies such as Hammeck that will build you exactly what you want one at a time. It is a great business model but mine is to have the item made and sitting on a shelf. To provide an affordable product with lightning fast shipping. Now lets say I added an insulated hammock to the mix in all three fabrics and all 12 colors and then two different lengths. Now we are up to 480 hammocks that need to be stocked. Now lets add a zippered bugnet hammock. Now we are up to 720 hammocks I have to stock. Lets add one with a top cover with all three fabrics and 12 different color plus 2 different sizes. Now make accessories for two sizes with fronkeys, socks, and ridgelines. In order to move foreword and expand my product liner I have to standardize or all my hammocks would be going up $10 and my delivery times would be going up.

Most of all, try a 10.5 foot hammock. Do a blind hammock test the next time we are at a hang. You really are not going to miss the 3 inches on each side. And if you absolutely need another 3 inches on each side that you can't live with out it. Let me know and I will pay the $10 for you.
    I understand that but have one question, why not just standardize ro the 11' hammock?
    11' hammocks made in the USA!
    Don't you wanna GEAUX?
    www.geauxhammockgear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast