WBBB 1.1 Dble
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY & Greylock 3
    Suspension
    Straps n Dutchware

Northern IN Hiking Trails ?

Anyone from the northern part of the Hoosier State that backpacks and hangs? I've done a lot of research and it appears most of the decent backpacking trails are in central and southern parts of the state. New to Backpacking and Hanging I want to do some personal testing as well a gear testing before I venture off on one of the bigger treks. I've found Glenwood Dunes trail within an hour NE of me. It's only 6 to 7 miles but does have a campground on the east end. No trail camping allowed. This would probably work for a short hike and an overnighter then back to the truck the next day. Just curious if any Northern Hoosiers have any other suggestions north of Indy.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Blood root trail. Pretty nice campsite #2 If I recall. Shades state park is about 2 hrs sou th of hammond Gary had a backpacking camp about 2 miles I n but the rest of the park has some nice hikes
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    DH Danger bird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    Suspension
    Straps W/Buckels
    Mostly state park in north east In. Chain o' lakes,Potato creek, & Pokagon state parks all have trails and
    campgrounds. But no packin camping.

Hammock
    Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ DOWN
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I was on the Bloodroot trail 1 week ago. It is a 13 mile trail that loops. Campsite #2 is bigger than site #1. Site #2 has a picnic table and fire ring, although the table is about to collapse. I let the park folks at the interpretive center know that it needed replaced last fall- but I guess it's either not a priority, or not in the budget. I was at Shades about 2 weeks ago. I hiked in to the backpack campsites. I think there were about 8 of them. There is an pit toilet and potable water at the camp. It's not a bad place- but next time I will just set up at one of the campsites in the regular primitive campground and hike several of the other trails that have better views and cool rock formations and waterfalls.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Northern IN is pretty much a bust, but at least there are some nice spots 3-4hours north or south.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dble
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY & Greylock 3
    Suspension
    Straps n Dutchware
    Thanks for the info. I have looked at both Shades and the Bloodroot. Seems to be the closest options. With Memorial weekend coming up and a annual vaca to see the daughter in FL. I'll be looking to do my "first ever" hang soon after, probably at one of these two places. I believe I have enough kit to get me by for a couple days. The only question is night temps, as my only insulation is a PLUQ & window sunscreen with a Marmot Mummy. Did a few backyard hangs and didn't like using a pad. The PLUQ & WS did fine in the mid to upper forties, slept great once I got things adjusted. More problems with the noise of a couple state highways nearby than the DIY system. Man them UQ are pricey!

• + New Posts