Hey There Hangers,

I am both a novice hanger and a first-time bike tourer (great combination. I'm planning a cross-USA bike tour this summer/fall. I am planning on using my DreamHammock Thunderbird as my shelter for the trip - doing mostly stealth camping, some campsite camping, CouchSurfing/Hostels when possible, and Motels in a pinch.

Since I plan on traveling accross the northern states, I suspect I will be able to find trees for the majority of the trip. However, I'm concerned there might be a few nights were I get stuck going to ground. So instead, I'm considering getting a portable hammock stand for these occasions. It looks like the Handy Hammock is really the only product out there right now that is useful (i.e. light enough) for bikepacking.

I'd great appreciate some community input on this idea from any of you more experienced hangers. Also, if any of you have bikepacking experience with your hammock, I'd love to here from you on your general experience or suggestions.

Cheers!

P.S. - If anyone out there is willing to sell or rent their Handy Hammock to me for this trip, you would be my hero!