Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Adam is 6ft and created the standard to meet his own personal needs. When I was researching and asked about sizing of the burrow, without any doubt he stated to go Standard Wide for the 20º and stated that a 40º could go Standard Regular. He does have sizing recomendations on his website that work up from 6ft and down from 6ft; however, 6ft 185 seemed to be the control. Don't hesitate to email your questions and concerns. Either he, or Harry will answer and they won't steer you wrong. Great Customer Service even without a confirmed sale.

I have already asked about four different questions, in three emails, about the Winter Palace Tarp. It may take up to another year or so before I raise the cash to make that purchase. Yet, they are passionate about Hammocking and want whats best for the Hammockers.

Hammock
    WB XLC, also have GT SBPro
    Tarp
    Superfly (digicam)
    Insulation
    Hammockgear quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies and MSH
    I'm 5'7" like you and I've gone standard length for both my burrows(20F and -15F). I find it comforting to have a bit of extra space at the bottom for stashing stuff, at least potentially. I don't always in which case the extra length is "wasted" and probably a minor liability, but eh, whatever. Those times I have put stuff down at the foot end it's been good to not be worried about if I'm going to have enough room up top since I like to have my quilt tucked up around me.

Now, my cold weather incubator (also -15F) I decided to go for a short mostly for reasons of bulk. It's not exactly leaving me a huge amount of overhang at each end, but it's enough that the quilt covers me entirely and has a bit extra in case I shift around. I'm too much of a baby to go for a phoenix or something like that :P

As gbolt said, feel free to poke the staff there to get Official Feedback. Or buy both and sell the one you don't prefer :} I could use a 3rd burrow, what temp rating will it be?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'm 5'10.5" tall and have always gone for the standard size of HQ quilts. They work fine for me.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I am considering getting the long...I'm about 6'3". I don't see anyone on here posting at that height and I'm wondering whether I actually need the length or could I get by with the standard. Though like mentioned above, it might be nicer for me to have the extra material to pull up around my shoulders when I roll over (side-sleeper)

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Just ordered Standard wide 0' burrow.Im 5'7"ish and wideish. Compared to my other 3 season TQ I think it will give ample coverage for me. Better to have room to move.
    Hash browns and bacon strips , I like the way you lick your lips

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12