Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images

Various Items (UQs, tarps, hammocks, bug net)

I bought _a lot_ of hammock equipment in 2014, just to see what worked best for me. Much of it was simply redundant. Everything below was purchased in 2014.

All prices shipped/CONUS, using PayPal. I've reorganized this OP a bit so that the sold items remain, but at the bottom. Unsold items are at the top. I also dropped prices for the remaining items.

--

Yukon Outfitters Grey Mosquito Hammock with fixed RL and Amsteel Continuous Loops: $30 (plus optional $25 full whoopie sling suspension, and optional $20 Yukon Outfitters tarp)

Buy all three (hammock, suspension, and tarp) for $65. Complete set-up for $65!!!

I got this hammock on Woot in 2014, along with several of the tarps. I actually bought 3 of the hammocks, and have one left. I cut a hole in each end of the bug net and installed an orange Dynaglide continuous ridgeline. I reinforced the holes with pieces of black duct tape. I didn't keep track of which of the 3 hammocks we used at any given time, but between the three hammocks, they've seen 6 nights out, with no issues with the RL, the tape, or the bugnet. Once I installed the RL's, I repurposed the shock cord that came with the hammock for the bugnet, so that isn't included here.

Here is a link to the YO page: http://www.yukon-outfitters.com/en/c...mmock_MG-10501 (I linked to the olive page because there was no picture on the grey page, but this is the grey hammock)

Gunner76 did an excellent review of the hammock here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mmock-via-Woot

My 13 year old boy was about 5'8", 140 last summer, and he said he was more comfortable in the WBBB XLC. Duh. My 10 year old daughter used the hammock(s) the other 5 nights they were used. She loved it. But I agree with gunner76 that this hammock is not for anybody over 5'6". Comes with it's own attached stuff sack.

--

Grand Trunk Ultralight (green) with Amsteel adjustable RL and continuous loops: $25 (plus optional $25 full whoopie sling suspension, and optional $15 Yukon Outfitters tarp)

Buy all three for $55. If you don't need a bug net, this is a complete set-up for $55!!!

This was my 2nd hammock, after I enjoyed the GT Hybrid so much. Both were too small for me, but fine for my children, including my 5'8", 140 lb 13 year old last summer (until I bought a WBBB XLC).

I've swapped out the nasty GT ropes and S-hooks for Amsteel continuous loops. I also added an Amsteel adjustable continuous ridgeline. Comes with it's own attached stuff sack.

--

SOLD ITEMS

Arrowhead Equipment New River UQ (4-Season): $165 [SOLD TO AND PAYMENT RECEIVED FROM CHSGirl]

I bought a new red AHE KAQ New River, size Regular, 4-season. The inside is black. It's a great synthetic UQ that I considered as a weather resilient alternative to down. You can find details about the UQ on the AHE site, here: http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...nderQuilt.html

One night this winter, in my back yard, at 5 degrees F, my butt was cooling off. I got out of the hammock to see if I could tighten up the suspension to close some sag under my backside, and I must have tightened it too much because when I got back in the hammock, one corner tab of grosgrain tore neatly off the UQ. I sent it back to Paul at AHE and he repaired it for me. It's good as new, and I had to refer to my email to Paul to figure out which corner he'd repaired (the emails didn't state which corner...I guess I just assumed he'd figure it out when I sent it back to him). When he returned it to me, he included a New River Suspender which he recommended as a way to keep the middle section of the UQ more flush with the bottom of the hammock. http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...Suspender.html

I used this UQ only two times. The first is when I damaged it. The second was only down to 19 degrees F, and the UQ worked very well for me that night. Maybe the Suspender did it's job. I stored it in it's own Rubbermaid bin, uncompressed, non-smoking house. Comes with original stuff sack.

--

Jacks 'R' Better Greylock 4 UQ: $160 [SOLD TO AND PAYMENT RECEIVED FROM Clisbyclark]

I bought a used Greylock 4 last year. Here's the post: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...light=greylock

Here's the seller's description: "JRB Greylock 4 torso length(52 inch) underquilt,800 fill down, very good condition, used on 3 weekend trips, stored in house, non smoker. the thing is a big green barrel of heat, ask Shug! 160.00 ships to you". JRB's page is here: http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/greylock-4/

I'm charging the same price. The seller didn't mention it in the above thread, but it has the prusik'd shock cord on the suspension that Shug talks about in the video. That helped it stay in place very well.

I'm 6'5", and my issue seems to be that I haven't found a way to keep my calves warm while using a partial UQ in winter. I'm not yet willing to carry any extra pads beyond a tiny one for under my heels in the footbox of my TQ. Otherwise, this UQ is amazing. I stored it in it's own Rubbermaid bin, uncompressed, non-smoking house. Comes with JRB compression stuff sack.

--

Arrowhead Equipment HUG Bug Net: $28 [SOLD TO AND PAYMENT RECEIVED FROM natureboy68]

Here's the AHE page on the HUG: http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...f_Bug_Net.html

I didn't know this at the time, but I'm a toss and turn sleeper, and I also like to kick the TQ off my feet in warm weather, from time to time. For those two reasons, the HUG isn't for me. But hoo-boy is it a light-weight alternative to a full bug net. And the pack size, relative to a full-size, is awesome, too. Comes with it's own stuff sack.

--

Chinook 12' X 9'6" Tarp (sand color): $40 [SOLD TO AND PAYMENT RECEIVED FROM tobiusnc]

This was my first big tarp. It's a fine tarp except for a legit weakness, and a weird, even unexplainable idiosyncrasy: 1) The weakness is that it uses grommets instead of pull-outs, and 2) the grommets on the edges are spaced at strange locations that don't really make sense.

So I sewed on some small pieces of camo tree straps to use as pull-outs for the RL, as well as 3 evenly spaced on each side. That means there are 5 tie-outs on each side, and you can set it up with doors!

Once I got a cottage vendor winter tarp, this became my backup. It's been used for about 5 nights, and there is no noticeable evidence that it's ever been used. Comes with a stuff sack.
    Last edited by mychal; 05-21-2015 at 14:14.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    I'll take the Greylock

Do you have a "set up" pic of the tarp? I think it will work for what I need, but would like to see a picture. On the web it shows loops at the corners but I don't know what's at the ridge line point....Thanks!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    I'll take it out back and set it up now to take some pics.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Here are pics of the Chinook tarp. I put on the micro-biners and RL just to hang it for the pics. I didn't have any other lines handy to guy out the sides in any kind of A-frame shape, so it's just doubled over, hanging loose. I found the last picture just by Googling it. I'd imagine that's how it would look, but I added additional loops along the sides. Oh, and I actually added 4 tie out points per side (I said 3 in the OP above).

2015-05-19 16.09.49.jpg

2015-05-19 16.09.42.jpg

2015-05-19 16.09.38.jpg

This is what the side-pulls look like. Since the tarp is just doubled over, you can see a little of the loop from the other side of the tarp.
    2015-05-19 16.09.23.jpg

2015-05-19 16.09.18.jpg

2015-05-19 16.09.10.jpg

2015-05-19 16.08.57.jpg

This is a picture of the bottom/inside of one of the ridgeline pull-outs.
    2015-05-19 16.08.46.jpg

This is a picture of that same RL loop from the top.
    2015-05-19 16.08.27.jpg

This is a picture of the tie-out that came on the tarp in the very center of the tarp. I guess you could run your continuous ridgeline through it, but I've never used those pull-outs on tarps for hammocks.
    2015-05-19 16.08.22.jpg

2015-05-19 16.08.18.jpg

This is a picture of the RL loop on the other side/end.
    2015-05-19 16.08.00.jpg

This is a random picture of the logo on the corner of the tarp.
    2015-05-19 16.07.20.jpg

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    I forgot to show the random picture I found on the web.

Attachment 108939

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro (First Hammock)
    Sent pm about tarp.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Greylock 4 sold.

I also dropped several of the prices above.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps
    I'll take the HUG bug net...PM sent

Hammock
    Tarp