warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE

Talking first impressions of arrowhead equipment top cover for wbbb

well, love the postman, I received my topcover today for my wbbb. packaging was well labeled NO KNIFE to open package, i even wondered if there was anything in the package.reviewed the video on you tube went to my favorite trail and picked a hanging spot off the rock river had a cool 5mph wind off the water, set up and put the top cover on very easy to do threaded the "wings" as said in the video and got in the bb and read a magizine, seems well made, fit is really nice noticed very little wind coming through, really liked the camo colors did not use the spinn tarp or yeti for this quick test,otis the hanging hound did not like it cause he could not see out and watch the squirrels. i could tell the differance between with and without the top cover warmth wise about 5 maybe 10 degrees differance. Overall i'd give it a A+ rating. Will be bringing it to the northern hang for all to check out. was able to leave it hooked up when putting the bb away big plus in a cold wet rainy situation. would like to thank pgibson for his efforts and getting this to me in a timely matter. A pleasure to do business with. Love the cottage industry
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Well shucks, I'm glad we were able to get it out to you in time for the trip. You all had better have a good time. I am not sure if I will be able to get another trip in before the newest addition to the crew arrives in a month or so. Which means I am living vicariously through your trip reports. Eat way to much of all that food for me!
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE

baby!!!

How thoughtless of me not to congradulate you on the newest addition when he/she arrives, will be praying for you for a healthy lil one'' once again thank you it be the bomb
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Thanks, we do appreciate it. She is supposed to be here on the 8th of Nov. but both of her brothers were a week early, so.. who knows. Glad you are liking the Top cover, say thanks to Fin for me if you would and enjoy.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    My hammock is hanging in the backyard tonight and Paul's top cover is on it. Predicted 38 degrees. Last time I stuffed my BB into its little black sack, I left the cover on. When I pulled out the hammock tonight, the cover was on there just as nice as you please. Just like it was part of the original. Didn't even have to fiddle with it. Talk about convenient. 2 thumbs up for ease of use.

-----

Yep, slept out last night. Got to lows predicted. 38/39. -- no wind. I wish I had a temp. guage so I could compare inside and outside temps, but as far as I'm concerned, AE's top cover is worth its carry weight. Definitely warmer inside. I had the cover on fully, no vent holes. Underquilt was JRB No Sniv (DIY overstuffed, now 25 oz instead of 21 oz). No pad. My WM Summerlite as TQ, hat, warm up pants and long sleeve t-shirt. I did not need to open to vent. Still need colder temps to answer that all important condensation question.

So my insulation weight last night was 19 oz for SL, 25 oz. NS, 5.4 oz topcover = 3 lbs.
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 10-01-2009 at 06:55.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Yep, slept out last night. Got to lows predicted. 38/39. -- no wind. I wish I had a temp. guage so I could compare inside and outside temps, but as far as I'm concerned, AE's top cover is worth its carry weight. Definitely warmer inside. I had the cover on fully, no vent holes. Underquilt was JRB No Sniv (DIY overstuffed, now 25 oz instead of 21 oz). No pad. My WM Summerlite as TQ, hat, warm up pants and long sleeve t-shirt. I did not need to open to vent. Still need colder temps to answer that all important condensation question.

So my insulation weight last night was 19 oz for SL, 25 oz. NS, 5.4 oz topcover = 3 lbs.

Thanks for the update HappyCamper, Glad it helped. I have been looking for a good thermometer to help get a better feel for how much these are going help. I think I found one that will work but have yet to get it. If it's any good I will post all the info for them.

Paul

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I guess all my design trials and tribulations were worth the effort, then.

Thank you for taking over the making of these, Paul. I'm glad that others are able to appreciate the value of a topcover through your sewing skills, because my skills are nominal at best. I can't wait to compare the original to your version. Oh, and btw, the elastic replacement that I was telling you about seems to work OK, but I will have more evidence after the Northern Hang.

-fin

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I guess all my design trials and tribulations were worth the effort, then.

Thank you for taking over the making of these, Paul. I'm glad that others are able to appreciate the value of a topcover through your sewing skills, because my skills are nominal at best. I can't wait to compare the original to your version. Oh, and btw, the elastic replacement that I was telling you about seems to work OK, but I will have more evidence after the Northern Hang.

-fin
    Thank you for your kind words and all the help Fin. I have one ready to send you, hoping that it will make it to you in time for the hang so you have a chance to play with it up there.

• + New Posts