I have a little bonus coming my way from work and I've decided to put some of it towards more DIY projects (I'm loving the tarp I just finished!). I'm thinking of ordering materials for:

• A 9'x5' hammock (I like the length of my GT Ultralight but wouldn't mind a bit more width) with integrated bug net
  • A bishop bag to hold hammock/TQ/UQ/sleeping clothes
  • A full-length lightweight underquilt that is semi-permanently attached to the hammock

Here's my shopping list:

• 3 yds of 1.0oz HyperD uncalendared ripstop for the hammock
  • 3 yds of 1.0oz HyperD calendared ripstop for the underquilt bottom
  • 3 yds of 0.6oz nylon taffeta for the underquilt top
  • 6oz of 700fp down
  • 3 yds of some sort of bug netting for bug net and UQ baffles (suggestions?)
  • 5ft of zipper and a zipper pull

Am I missing anything? I already have shock cord and barrel locks for the UQ and I'm planning on doing a 3/4 length zipper on one side only for the bug net.

I can get all the fabric and down from RSBTR but shipping is $45-ish (I'm in Canada) and the exchange rate is horrendous right now Any good place to get this stuff in Canada? I'm mostly concerned about the down because I can probably source fabrics through my business (haven't had a chance to order samples yet).

I don't yet have a firm design for the UQ. I think I'm just going to lay in my hammock and get my wife (she's a sewing pattern maker/seamstress/clothing designer!) to make a template to custom fit me so I can get the most loft out of 6oz of down. I was also thinking of sewing small grosgrain corner tieouts and attach with Zing-it/Lash-it and sewing in a strip of elastic on each end instead of the traditional shock cord channel. Oh and I'll be camping around 10*-15* Celcius 90% of the time, with the occasional colder trip to 0*-10* Celcius (I'll just wear more sleeping clothes for those times).

Thoughts? Should I just go with 1.1 nylon ripstop for the hammock and UQ bottom or is the 1.0 HyperD worth the extra $$?

Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted on my progress with lots of pictures!