I'm planning on living in a forest in Austin, Texas and commuting into the city daily. I'm interested in getting the most comfortable hammock I can get; I will only have one backpack that is water resistant that comes with a tarp for it.

I'm 5' 11" and ~ 160lbs and sleep mostly on my left side and back and sometimes on my right side (trying to protect my shoulder). Is the traditional hammock type with asym design the most comfortable hammock? How does it compare to bridge hammocks and other types?

I don't think weight is a problem for me and don't mind getting a heavier hammock if it will be more comfortable and easier to pack away/deploy, etc.

I feel like traditional hammocks would be the most comfortable and that the longer and wider the hammock the more comfortable? The main hammocks that come to my mind are the warbonnet blackbird xlc and the dream hammock thunderbird. What is the purpose of an overcover and how does it's role compare with a tarp? Because I will need rain and insect protection and the Hammeck Envy-Sseems to have a functional overcover but I don't know if it's advantageous to my situation. The wilderness logics hammocks also look very comfy with their head and foot extension feature but I don't think they have integrated bugnets? so maybe they would hang in my face or at least be a little more work to deploy?

I think it's warm here in Austin, Texas but some nights it might get cool and my friend said even in the tropics you can get cold butt syndrome so I think I will need to prepare for that and am interested in hammock living in the tropics so maybe this hammock could later be used for that. An underquilt seems like the best option? How does it contrast to a pad or even just using a sleeping bag in/around the hammock?

Double layer hammocks support more weight does that mean they are flatter and might be slightly more comfortable? Single layer doesn't seem to have any advantages other than being lighter maybe being more breathable in really hot conditions. What do you think?

Does the blackbird xlc's foot box make it the most comfortable hammock? It's it's shelf a killer feature to keep my bag in the hammock? Otherwise how would I keep my bag dry? under my hammock? under my hammock under a tarp? Hang the bag up on the ridge line under tarp or inside hammock? What are the options for keeping my gear dry?

What do you think of the warbonnet hammocks compared to the dream hammocks and any other top of the line comfortable hammocks that you think would be suitable for my purposes. Please also enlighten me on suspension, easiest, lightest etc. because I don't know anything about the options.

This hammock will be my home and I'm really interested in getting the best setup I can get this means a lot to me.