WBBB-XLC 1.1 DL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti + REI sit pad
    Suspension
    Strap + Buckles

Yeti 3 Season - Overstuff

I think I will be ordering a Yeti underquilt for my XLC. In reviewing the forum, I see that many have had good experience even below the 20 degree rating. I would seldom see temperatures lower than that, but it could happen. If so, I suppose I could supplement the underquilt with my full length pad that I must carry anyway because of strong possibility to go to ground on motorcycle adventure rides. I may be doing some backpacking as well. I see that many get an overstuff of 1 to 2 oz to insure good loft and get a few more degrees out of the Yeti. I am concerned about adding too much volume in packed size as much as adding weight and think that the winter Yeti moves out of my desired envelope.

1. What if any overstuff do you recommend?
    2. I don't see anyplace on the Warbonnet Outdoors site that has prices or a place to add overstuff?
    3. Is the standard 3 season Yeti stuffed enough now to ensure good loft?

- Mr S -
    Last edited by MisterS; 05-30-2015 at 12:03.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    My 3S Yeti fluffs up nicely. I also have a Winter Yeti with plus 1 oz overstuff for cold hanging. You really should just email / call Brandon at WB for his opinion. An overstuffed 3S Yeti per Brandon's recommendation would sell quickly on HF, so your actual financial risk is minimized.

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC 1.1 DL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti + REI sit pad
    Suspension
    Strap + Buckles
    I ordered a Yeti 3 Season with no overstuff today. In addition to the glowing reports, the 12.5 oz light weight and small packing size were the big attractions. I have tested the REI sit pad in my sleeping bag and it provides good protection for my feet and legs. Thanks Shug for the heads up. My 14.6 oz, 26" wide, R 3.3 Nalgene size EXPED Synmat MW can be pressed into service as a supplement if it gets colder than 20 degrees or I need to go to ground. I can also fold it in half for lower body protection if the sit pad doesn't cut it. I'll leave some feedback after my Yeti arrives.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have used my 3-season Yeti, no overstuff, down to 28 degrees and was plenty warm. I would not hesitate to push it to lower 20's.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a couple of older Yetis. Pound for pound they seem to be warmer then other UQs I have. I'm not sure if it hugs the body better or the chambers are smaller keeping the down in place. Either way I have been caught out on a couple of cold nights and made it through when I thought I'd be cold.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    I orderd my 3S Yeti with an ounce of overstuff just to be sure I'd get full loft in suboptimal conditions (weather, personal stupidity). I don't think I really need it. I've been out in it at 22 degrees with a foot/leg pad made of closed polyethylene foam and a 40 degree synthetic bag - I think I can go lower.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    One thing that caught me off guard, in a good way, when my Yeti3S arrived was the fact that it is asymetrical. It is made with a specific head end and a curved portion to fit the left shoulder while laying with feet to the right in the footbox. This little change in curvature of the corner means a better fit and holding in more warmth when needed. I just expected a regular shaped UQ and found that this is made with it's own Technological nuances to make it a WB. That plus the low weight make this a very desirable UQ.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    EE Enigma, WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    It looks similar on both ends but I found the same thing over the weekend. Myself and one other in our group were borrowing yeti's. I got lucky and set mine up right, but I didn't realize it was asym until I was helping him set his up and noticed there was a big gap. The tag goes to the head end. Needless to say, I was pleased with the yeti. Going to order one very soon!

• + New Posts