Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Jacks R Better Gear Hammock

I just recieved my Jacks R Better Gear Hammock (Large) in the mail yesterday. I immediately went to the backyard to try it out. Im sure this has come up many times before, but when I attach the microbiner to the side tieout, it pulls alot. It does'nt seem that much, but when you get inside the hammock, theres not much place to put your feet.

My question is, does anyone have a solution to this problem. I also got the self tentioning lines from them, and I didnt know if you put them to the tree, or on the tie outs?

Thanks,

Scottie
    When people say camping is for sissys, what does that make them....?

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    The gear hammock pulling down like you're describing is one reason I didn't like the one I made. I've gone a different storage route at this point.

The STLs should go on the side tie-outs. Some people use them on the ridge, but generally only as an addition to using them on the sides. I've also heard mixed results with elastics on the ridge.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

I use a small gear hammock with an extra piece of line with a loop knot hanging down from the support rope - works OK for me - hangs down low enough to be no interference with my feet in the hammock - only noticed getting in or out of the hammock - I push the gear hammock aside with my feet when getting out of the hammock - I use a HH Explorer Deluxe.

the STLs go on the tarp's side tie-outs - use the figure nine gizmos for the lines to the trees from the tarp

Images
    So you put a piece of line hanging from the Support Rope that goes to the tree. How low does it hang?

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The Gear Hammock pulls the corner of the hammock towards the feet - so counteract this force by staking out that corner's tie-out angled towards the head end. If you have heavy stuff (food and water) in the gear hammock it'll still pull some, but this will help quite a bit.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    ok, that will help alot. Maybe if I tried both of the ideas combined, that would work. Thanks

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You can also hook the side tie-out biner to the hammock support, so it's just like a stuff sack hanging from the foot end, when you go to sleep at night...after you don't really need anything anymore. Then in the morning, when you start getting ready for the day, hook it back to the tie-out.

But if you hang your food bag and don't keep your water in there, you probably won't need to...depending on how much stuff you hike with, of course.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Images
    Ok, sounds good. I think I heard someone say that thats what they did. Hang all four corners up on the hammock support. Ill probably go out now, and try all of the ideas. Ill get back on which one works the best.

Images
    how do you add pictures to a post, and how do you add them to your profile? I just took a few pictures of my hammock, and I want to put them on here.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Go to the Gallery, then follow the directions there. After you upload it, you can copy/paste the code in the text box below the image. Paste that code into whatever post you want the image in.

You can also attach it to a message, but using the above method is better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast