Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Insulation
    CCF pad (for now)
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images

Treeless hang (w/ video)

Hey guys, i've seen a lot of questions on how to use a hammock without any trees. So I thought I'd make a video to help out. Remember this is just my method, and so not the only one. Im very aware that there is probably a better way. I just don't know what yet.

-CS
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinRev
    I think such as drastic move as to commandeer Easter candy over a discrediting of the Easter Buny is too extreme.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I also did something simular a while back. Here is the picture.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the vid young feller .....
    Good to see you trying new stuff and having fun!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Insulation
    CCF pad (for now)
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images
    Attroll, and shug, I think I am in love with the black WBBB, but I think i like my grey one as napping in the sun, without a tarp got really hot really quickly. And shug, I really don't see how you can make such good videos, I am mostly filming by myself with a stickpic, but I really don;t know what is interesting to talk about, or what I can do. Your videos are like a model, and I hope to get something similar to your quality eventually!

-CS
    I think such as drastic move as to commandeer Easter candy over a discrediting of the Easter Buny is too extreme.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    cs, nice job on the video! You're doing a good job starting out and the best part about it all is you can see and want to do better. asking, looking, searching, etc, it's all part of the learning process.

as a still photographer I got hired to shoot for a hunting and fishing tv show, then for a all kinds of other stuff. It's certainly a passion that can take you places the normal joe will just never have the back stage passes to .

for starters you'll need some editing software, iMovie for the mac is a good start and from there there's all kinds of upgrades into more prosumer and pro stuff, but the simple editing systems will get you going on the cheap.

you've already seen from shug how nice it is to have "talent" in front of the camera. I can't really help you on that part than other than being a cameraman, it sure makes it easy when you got good "talent" and you certainly know when that happens! they make your job oh so much easier!

mics, on your camera vs a remote mic on you (or the talent). you gotta have good sound ........

for you, being the cameraman, the talent, the editor, the producer , etc, you should watch that tv show survivorman who films himself in the wild. study how he sets up shots. watch what the audio is doing vs the video. make sure you have enough "shots" so when you do the editing you got plenty to pick from. Not everything you shoot will make the cut (so to speak) and most will hit the digital floor ......

oh yeah, there's a few nice magazines out there you should subscribe to ...

ok, that should give you a bit to chew on for now, enjoy ......
    and we're waiting for your next show !

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Insulation
    CCF pad (for now)
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images
    Thanks so much for the advise, you really can't understand how much I appreciate it!. Ive been using Imovie HD (its whats already on the computer ) And a flip video camera. I could probably use our digital camera, wich is probably easier to use in the long run. The hardest part for me, is when Im on a trip, is video taping what everyone else will think is interesting, not just me, something Shug is really good at.

-CS

I am curious how your stakes held. I tried rigging up something just like this and kept pulling the stakes out. Double staked it, same problem. i am 240# which doesn't help, but there has got to be a way...

I am in a jeep club and often find myself sans trees. I can anchor off the bumper sometimes, but often I dont have a tree for the other end.

I am using 50" tall 6061-t6 alum square tube triangles instead of walking poles...

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    park next to antoher jeep and hang roll bar to roll bar

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Nice video. I used sticks about 3 ft long to "hang" in my HH all through the west on last years bicycle tour. I saw only 2 other riders out of hundreds that used a hammock, but everybody wanted a look at my hammock set-up. You would be surprised how many ways you can use your hammock with no trees around.

• + New Posts