Hammock
    Claytor
    Images

Enjoying my new EE UQ

Hello,

I've owned & enjoyed my Mosquito Jungle hammock for many years now; taking it with me on numerous bike trips and hike trips. I've always slept on a insulating pad in my hammock when out doors. But I noticed during a couple of indoor hangs, without the pad that the hammock was much more comfortable. What I needed was an underquilt. This year I was finally able to justify the purchase of an UQ (a bonus from work made it possible). I bought an Enlightened Equipment Prospect 76", 30 degree synthetic UQ. Over the last week or two we've had some hot days in the Pacific NW so I set up my system outside and have enjoyed some comfortable nights. I am really pleased with my new purchase.
    hammock.jpg

Hammock
    Claytor
    Images
    You can see in the first picture I put an old hollow-core door panel under my hammock. Where I hang, there is some garden edging made up of large rocks, right underneath the hammock. I didn't have complete confidence when I first set up so I placed the door there as a buffer. But I've been hanging there now for a couple weeks; the door is gone I have no worries.

I intend to make a dedicated hammock stand that I can place in the grass... or anywhere in the yard, so I'm not stuck hanging over rocks. The plans and pictures people have left on this site are fantastic and will provide direction. I look forward to posting what I come up with.

• + New Posts