Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images

Knobstone Trail October

The wife and I went on a small trip for my B-Day this weekend, and had a wonderful time.

We started off at 3:30 after a short day at work and hiked about 4.5 miles until we made camp averaging about 2 miles an hour.

Then I got to set up my new WBBB single layer 1.1, and Yeti, with an OES Deluxe. I had a 1/4" Gossamer Gear Pad and a Golite Ultra 20. The temps got down to 50 and I got only a slight chill at 4 in the morning because I had the Yeti to high creating a small gap at my head. I reached out and pulled the Yeti down to my shoulders and could literaly feel the hot air pushing out from under the Golite top quilt. I was plenty warm, actually sweating at first, but stayed cozy all night.

After we made camp we set up the Caldera cone sytem with our Grease Pot, and had Gnocchi, with marinara sauce, and had some cranberries mixed with seeds and such for dessert.

In the morning we woke up and had our fried bagels with cream cheese and a poptart, blueberry w/ frosting, and headed out for the day. We hiked for three miles to a beautiful lake called Elk Creek Lake, had a snack and moved on.

After the short break soaking in the sun next to the lake we hiked a short 2 miles to our lunch break. I had three tortilla wraps with chicken, ranch mayonnaise, real bacon bits, and parmesan cheese. The wife had a PB and J bagel with doritos.

We then hiked around 4 miles out to the awaiting vehicle and started our way back home... wonderful trip, wonderful times. I want to thank everyone on here who helped me to be more prepared for the trip.

"dirt"
    Last edited by Pak-Man; 10-04-2009 at 16:54.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

• + New Posts