Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap

Miscalculations

Here's my latest...

Set the hammock up in the back yard between a couple trees because its a hot evening and use it that night. Leave it up the next day thinking it might fit the bill again. Now...let me mention I checked the weather multiple times every day in my working life, have a pretty solid met station set up in my back yard, dang well know what unstable weather is and never thought about it yesterday. Cu's all around, but hey, it never rains around here at night in June, and certainly not in this drought, not here in California. In the evening in fact, decided to turn the lawn sprinkler on for a half hour, since I hadn't in a month, the lawn is brown and maybe I could save a blade. Forgot about the sprinkler and left it on for 2 hours. Went out, turned it off, and then decided to collect a dog and head over for another night's hang. Wet hammock (don't you know), only partially shielded by a small redwood. That would include the UQ and TQ. Whoo...that would include a book left in shelf, which is now mulch. So, I take down the gear to dry in it the house, and as I retreat, it starts to rain...over half inch per that fancy rain gauge of mine by this morning. Guess I never needed to water the lawn to start with.

Just my latest hammock screw up...what's yours?

Hammock
    Doublenest/RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    Web+Whoopie Sling
    Sprinklers are the theme. Last summer I was testing a new hammock in the back yard and forgot which night the sprinklers were programmed for. Sleeping right over a sprinkler head when it came on about 2:00AM! The fastest I've moved in years....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC - DL
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Omg lol...funny stories!
    Luckily for me it only rains here after the wife has put me in for the evening.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    KAQ NR Deep Winter
    Suspension
    WHOOOOOOPIE!
    I was once camping up in Nasheville for a huge boyscotts retreat as a "counselor" (I honestly don't know what I was doing, a friend just asked me to tag along to this younger boycouts camp that he was going to be a helper at). Of course I had to camp with my hammock setup. The setup was made and it was super clear out, but still decided to keep the tarp on. Well, about an hour later, a crack of lightning hits, and the largest sotrm I can say to have been outside in rolls through. Probably 40- 50 mph winds, crazy amount of wind. As you might guess my hammock got blown around like crazy. The tarp got unstaked, and almost all of my things were soaked.Luckily, I was able to get it all before anything blew away. We never did stay the night there, we just got the hell out of dodge.Dried out the gear and luckily everything is in perfect shape.
    "Go Vols!" -UT campus

• + New Posts